Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Attn: P platers

B

BXHD

Thanx heaps for all the info guys!
ShiftySLE, my dad organised me insurance with CGU for 603 full comp in his name and me as driver. but he wont tell them that it is lowered and is being stubborn about it. so he cracked the shits because i want to re-lower it after the road worthy and said to do it myself. :(
when he could just say that it was bought lowered, which is the truth.. grrrr.

wow i dodnt know with justcars u had to have the excess all the time. thats crap!!

and someone just told me to give 1st for women a call. but u guys wouldnt have known about that :p

B

BXHD

hey, if i just go with CGU and then a month or a few weeks down the track say, "its been lowered"
they cant just say "we wont cover u then*keeps bec's money*"
can they?! id happily add a bit more money on to satisfy them!
omg this is annoying as hell. i cant tell them my name, etc. because apparently it will screw up the cgu quote (somehow?!) and no one will give me a quote. and the online quotes arent workinggggg. FML!

ROB!! i got quoted $3000 from RACV!!!!! i have to pay insurance this week so im extremely limited with my options.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm SII
well when i say you need excess all the time it's pretty much so that if you crash you can pay the excess straight away. like you would have to have 1k+ saved all the time and it's pretty tempting to spend that 1k.

And as luck has it, it's always the day you spend the 1k that you will need it for excess :p

that's cheap as insurance

yeah i think you might have to push your dad on that one, cus if you crash and it's your fault. they wont pay you cus you didn't say it was lowered.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
Thanx heaps for all the info guys!
ShiftySLE, my dad organised me insurance with CGU for 603 full comp in his name and me as driver. but he wont tell them that it is lowered and is being stubborn about it. so he cracked the shits because i want to re-lower it after the road worthy and said to do it myself. :(
when he could just say that it was bought lowered, which is the truth.. grrrr.

wow i dodnt know with justcars u had to have the excess all the time. thats crap!!

and someone just told me to give 1st for women a call. but u guys wouldnt have known about that :p

be careful.

if you crash the car and they didnt know it was lowered that can void the warranty, therefore you've just paid out the excess and the insurance for absolutely no cover what so ever.

also bec,

do you HAVE to have full comp? i mean can you settle with 3rd party fire and theft.

(if you car is stolen or burnt it's covered. if you have a crash and someone else is at fault you are covered. if you crash into someone and it's your fault, they are covered.)

i had that talk with my parents a while ago, thye were happy just as long as they knew the other person was covered.
also to all the others - there is no point trying to skimp on a few dollars by not telling the insurance company what you have done to the car. they have the right to know as they are the ones paying you out when you have an accident, not to mention if you did have an accident they wouldnt cover you as there was things done to the car not mentioned (unless your plan allows you to have any mod and not tell them)

it's just not worth it.

pay up the dollars or lose out when you crash.

have you thought about 3rd party fire and theft?

you will have less upfront payment, less excess (obviously less cover) but atleast you will cover the other car.

3rd party fire and theft covers, your car stolen or burnt out, if you crash and it's your fault the other car is covered and if someone crashes into you, you are covered.

i had that talk with my parents - i needed insurance but didnt have the 1.5k needed to insure me.

or settle for a little more however go with a plan that allows you to pay monthly.

B

BXHD

yeahh true that. he is sooo stubborn tho. i asked him to and he cracked it at me and said "ive gone out of my way to find u insurance and its not good enough?!! do it ur self then and dont come crying to me when it costs u 3grand!!!" :supersad:
i seriously cried over this on the w/e :(
il just txt him because he cant yell at me again for asking :p lol.
i just dont see the big deal of him saying that its lowered! he has a lowered car too, HYPOCRIT!! hmphh. LOL.

B

BXHD

be careful.

if you crash the car and they didnt know it was lowered that can void the warranty, therefore you've just paid out the excess and the insurance for absolutely no cover what so ever.

also bec,

do you HAVE to have full comp? i mean can you settle with 3rd party fire and theft.

(if you car is stolen or burnt it's covered. if you have a crash and someone else is at fault you are covered. if you crash into someone and it's your fault, they are covered.)

i had that talk with my parents a while ago, thye were happy just as long as they knew the other person was covered.
also to all the others - there is no point trying to skimp on a few dollars by not telling the insurance company what you have done to the car. they have the right to know as they are the ones paying you out when you have an accident, not to mention if you did have an accident they wouldnt cover you as there was things done to the car not mentioned (unless your plan allows you to have any mod and not tell them)

it's just not worth it.

pay up the dollars or lose out when you crash.

i was thinking about 3rd party but i got a 15grand loan to get this car and if i write it off im stuck paying for a dead car for 4 years. its not an option when i think about it that way.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
well all you need to say to him to that is - ok, when im not covered, dont come crying to me when i make you pay out the 10k for my damn car !

also can you extend on your loan? or do you need to pay it out first?

B

BXHD

well all you need to say to him to that is - ok, when im not covered, dont come crying to me when i make you pay out the 10k for my damn car !

also can you extend on your loan? or do you need to pay it out first?

BAHAHAHA.. he would just laugh at me and say "its not my fault u want to modify ur car so it wasnt covered and u wrote it off." and then call me a f-wit.. and probably have no sympathy for me at all. wooooo :thumbsup:

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
BAHAHAHA.. he would just laugh at me and say "its not my fault u want to modify ur car so it wasnt covered and u wrote it off." and then call me a f-wit.. and probably have no sympathy for me at all. wooooo :thumbsup:

ok well sort it with the insurance company.

eg give them a ring. tell them your getting insurance, am i able to lower the car AFTER i get insurance with you and still be covered?

if they say no (then that's gay as aids) if yes then i think they will adjust your insurance by X amount. pay the difference and alls worked out?

maybe... atleast it works in my head. haha

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well its not as if lowered car is going to make much difference on the premiums anyway. Its not as if youve got a supercharger poking out of the bonet.

Also... I disagree with D-man. I wouldnt settle for just 3rd party. Shes got a VZ. Normally if it was a VS or something and was only worth 5 grand id say stuff it just get 3rd party, but I doubt her car cost 5 grand.