Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hmm theres been several references to 'SPL' splits in this thread. What exzactly do people mean- just that they are loud?

brohawk- the difference between two systems usually isnt how loud it is- its how good it sounds, and if you love your music you might want to have awesome quality music every day

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
Yeah, splits are not used at all for spl competition, usually disconnected.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
semi i meant the "spl" models not necessarily splits i just mean "spl" models of different brands.

thats what i was saying if you like ur music and it to bee good quallity buy GOOD speakers you dnt need to spend **** loads on the BEST just GOOD ones. beacuse if you do buy the best it could possibly make someone jealous and you could possibly loose them.heaven forbid

i play music have neen in bands and appreciate music in ways most ppl wouldnt understand so i want nothing but great sound in my car i have NO top of the line "spl" super expencive components in my system. i will be getting a 2006 hu because its what i want and i dont inted to upgrade for ages and i can get if for a good price.

other than that there last years models and the middle of the range that i get for good prices.

and in the end it is all dependant on the person if ppl want to go and spend copius amounts on equipment go for it but if there asking for help i like to be helpfull and in my opinion you dnt have to go out and buy the "best" stuff on the market you need to build a system to your specs and mine reaches all my expectations looks, sq, spl and price so im happy

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
surely someone that appreciates music as much as you say you do can see the advanteages of a full on SQ setup??

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
most people will balence their budget with perfoemance. also if they dont listen to more expensive systems than theirs they will not have a desire to upgrade or will not feel the need to when comparing the price to performance they will recieve.

brohawk, please stop saying the spl model. it doesn't make sense! top of the line does. i have heard that VDO subs (in the back of a subbie wagon;) ) can go very loud and they are not top of the line.

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
yea like what brohawk said, i don't want the best, just good ones at my price range, that h/u ur gettin brohawk is the same i am wanting to get, i like that and expecially for the price its worth i think (i can get it for around $270)

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
semi i do but in my opinion the person who drives the car should be happy with it witch is me. i dnt see the point of building an outragous system that will impress everyone else and shock ppl when u tell them what you paid for it, when a decent set up that the driver is happy with is perfectly fine, if ppl dnt like my system dnt drive in my car, go waste **** loads of money on ur own system.

and like i said before its up to the individual person to what they want out of a stereo, no1 can say that my stereo istn great coz no1 has heard it, so untill you have heard the setup you cant say a more expencive one is better.

and i have installed as well as heard cars specifically built for SQ and others for spl, and ive been installing for 6yrs on and off so dont say i havent heard a good set up.

and wes yer the hu is a wild one i can get it a lil cheaper than retail and it does everything i want.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
You say you've built SQ cars?? Can you elaborate on what these 'SQ' cars were? ANd who you installed for?

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
ok now im thinkin of gettin the same h/u, 6.5" pioneer splits in front doors, 6" pioneer 260W speakers in rear, 15" Sub, 4 ch amp, connect the 15" sub and the splits up to the amp. Would that be a good upgrade until i get sum other things i want then upgrade again later on