Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
This sounds really messed up Clint, But next time your out and getting up to speed, do you think you could record the speedo as your doing it so i get an idea on how loud roughly it is and that because my cars pretty loud once its over about 1600rpm and I'm just worried i will be stupidly loud.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Yeah i can do that. I have a highway trip coming up in friday so can do it then for you. What exhaust system do you have on your ss. Mine is 1 7/8 4 into 1 extractors, hi flow cats and 2 1/2 xforce and mine is comfortable to cruise in.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got extractors into high flow cats, a twin 2 1/2 system with 1 muffler on each pipe.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Shouldnt be any louder than my ss. So personally i dont think the noise will be a concern

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
what does it sit at when your doing 110km?

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
my SS has 4-1's, 2.5" high flow cats and then twin 3" cat back. It is pretty quiet below 1300, slight drone around 1200-1300ish due to not enough air moving through, but as soon as it hits ~1450rpm there is enough exhaust gas flow to make a good note and it has a nice sound, then if you get it above about 2200rpm it starts to get loud. It's really nice inside the car, but different story outside. Never heard it from outside at WOT though, I imagine it would be pretty loud. I got both middle mufflers and rear muffler too. Sits at about ~2k rpm in 4th at 100km. Dunno if this is what you wanted to know?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool guys i appreciate the help :) Now i just need to start putting some cash aside to pay for it, I know online Gears are a lil over $500. But I'm going to go see the bloke who built my current setup and has done my cars in the past as well as alot of other peoples i know :)

Hopefully it wont be stupidly expensive. Because I also need to buy tyres :(

Gotta see about getting the body detailed too. Man the black paint looks nasty even after washing it gently with a sponge :( I started to try and do it by hand and it didn't look to crash hot. So I'm going to pay someone so its done properly and doesn't look like ****.

Also looking for a pair of VZ Engine covers as well looks a lil funny without an engine cover at the moment and the turtle cover isn't going back on :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, bit of an Update. I did have a plan of keeping this as my daily and restoring a HQ ute my grandpa has hidden away in his shed But my ideas have changed and I've given up on the Idea of the Ute...

So as of early next year The SS will be going in the shed I'll be buying a new cheap to run daily and Instead of restoring a car I'll be making this one faster Haha.

Will be cheaper in the long run rather than starting from scratch with the Ute.

What has a cam setup and other mods to give a fairly decent power increase cost people?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
How much do you want for the ute haha?
Power wise how much power do you want, what do you want out of the car. FI or na etc. Then go from there.