Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
NA, I dunno would be cool to be able to run 12 Second passes? or less haha. dunno bout less but mid to low 12s would be cool. it runs 13.6 now.

The Ute I'm not sure at the current state its taken me 18 months to clear out a path of **** to get too the shed that its in, I need to convince my grandpa to let me take it out his shed but before i do that. We need to move a VB SL/E he has rotting away out the driveway. grhhhh Over the next month I'm going to try and get the VB gone, and a HZ Prem He has as well thats just a rolling shell. then i can get too the ute.

Its a tonner.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
If you were in Vic I'd take the lot off you haha.
For the SS though I'd look at a cam that could get your in the direction of 300rkw, hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in with specifics. Throw some 3.9 gear in as well and that should get you a fair bit closer, possibly look at headwork too depending on how wild you want the cam and well the car to be.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I intend on putting 3.9s In it either way. But i like the idea of just having it on the road In summer and at the drags :) would be fun.. I"ll upload some pics of the ute and the VB

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
How it started.

August 2014

Weekend Later.

August 2014

September 2014

Found a car haha.

After not being there for nearly 6 months just a quick trim but you get the idea on how much is gone. Doesn't look like much but there was alot of crap there i got him over $2000 of scrap metal and all sorts. but spent over $500 just on dumping stuff. Not too mention what i had to do to his front yard before all this!

The ute is in the off section of the shed with a bit of a glass window.

the only couple of pics i can find of the ute.

From Behind No tray on it, and its been off the road since 83

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
He is a Hauder and doesn't like parting with anything even though hes sick and cant do anything has trouble walking to the mail box, thinks hes gonna be able to do everything when hes not. and hates taking the news badly lol. I'm the only one in the whole family who has done anything for him, everyone else is just waiting for him to die so they can get there share in the massive property. I just wanted to get the ute out Because its been there as long as i can remember and I've always wanted it. but he took the 350 out of it, Put a 253 in it, and it needs alot of work just to get it back on the road and I'm guessing at least 5k without a paintjob just to get it on the road plus a paint job and nice wheels closer to $15,000 I'm sure that could make the SS go pretty well. haha.... But getting it out and holding onto it until he passes I may be able to make some money on it Just something I've gotta think about.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Propper yard finds there. Hope to stumble across a little collection like that one day.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah on the TV shows you see them find a car and then 5 minutes later its free and they have it rolling away. It really isn't that easy! haha... Hes got A HJ Taxi that he bought new and drove until late 80s as a taxi then drove as his personal car until mid 90s. Hes got 2 KE20 Corollas, Hes got a 71 Honda motorbike hidden away. WHEELS everywhere He use to drive a tow truck for 10 years so he use to take stuff of cars before they went to the wreckers and all sorts so he has a massive collection for VH Commodores. Grilles headlights tail lights 4 mint front bumpers Bonnet Guards. all sorts.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Managed to find a couple of videos from the drags not too great. but gives you an idea on how loud the car is. last run i couldn't get grip at all and its nasty on the street now tyres are crap!

Its my car you can hear when im beside the other VY hes was quiet lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Just read through your whole thread man, love the car, looks a lot nicer than mine haha. Yours get washed a lot more and the pain shows that you take good care of it. Mine only gets washed like every 6-8 weeks or if a bird shits on it.
Let us know how it goes when you get the 3.9's in, I'll be curious how you go at the drags after swapping the ratio but not much else.

Also nice work cleaning up the back yard haha.