Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake testing

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I run my 245/35/20s at 38.

Even wear all round.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I don't run my tyres at 45 psi through any great wisdom of my own. It is because I was advised to do so by somone with far greater knowledge than mine.

If you go to the other end of the scale top dragsters run their tyre pressures at 4 psi. I am quite sure that by the end of the 1/4 mile they are way above that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Tire pressure alone doesn't mean much. The type of tyre, compound type, weight of the vehicle, surface type and temperature all make a difference to how a tire performs when been used and abused.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don't run my tyres at 45 psi through any great wisdom of my own. It is because I was advised to do so by somone with far greater knowledge than mine.

If you go to the other end of the scale top dragsters run their tyre pressures at 4 psi. I am quite sure that by the end of the 1/4 mile they are way above that.

Throughout my time as a tyre fitter, I have always listen to what the customer has requested and looked at the wear patterns on the tyre tread.

If your tyres are wearing evenly across the whole tread face and you have them pumped at 45 PSI, that says to me, that pressure is suited to your style of driving

I have also mentioned on this site before, there is no magic pressure figure for any tyre that suits everyone....And your response reinforces that

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Throughout my time as a tyre fitter, I have always listen to what the customer has requested and looked at the wear patterns on the tyre tread.

If your tyres are wearing evenly across the whole tread face and you have them pumped at 45 PSI, that says to me, that pressure is suited to your style of driving

I have also mentioned on this site before, there is no magic pressure figure for any tyre that suits everyone....And your response reinforces that
Well said vc.