Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cairns and surrounding area's

M

mwb235

Either that or the media made it out to be allot worse then what it was.

Doesn't really make allot of sense.

This works out well for the political left, for which the media is its mouthpiece (always has been, always will be). Media grandstanding (i.e. making things out to be worse than they are) keeps all the journos happy and clowns like David Koch in a job. It'll suit Bob Brown's argument that climate change caused this cyclone. And it'll please Headmistress Jooliyah as her proposed flood levy (soon to be "disaster" levy) will have gained even more supporters.

But at the end of the day who gives a ****. The fatalities from this cyclone are nil or will be minimal (or so the news reports say) which if true is the best outcome for all of us.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Bob Brown should be banned from making speeches or press conferences regarding anything to do with Australia's future.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Bob Brown shouldn't ever be elected but for some reason there's fruit loops in Tasmania that love him!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Bob brown-knob Should be muted.
Nothing but total **** comes out his mouth, conservationist propaganda.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I saw him speak at La Trobe uni....####ing idiot.

There should be a law that prohibits delinquents like him running for Parliament.

If he ever gets any more power than he's got he should be thrown in jail.

########ed muppet he is.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
There should be a law that prohibits delinquents like him running for Parliament.

Elected officials... The only roles in Australia where absolutely no experience is require, no aptitude tests are required, and no security clearances are required. That's right! The Secretary of Defence and the PM who control the Department of Defence (full of people with Top Secret, Secret, etc security clearances) don't have have any checks at all done on them!

It's all a big joke!

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Good to see the cyclone wasn't as destructive as the media had portrayed it to be.

On a side note, and hoping to keep out of the political argument, but I think Anna Bliegh and the state government really need to be commended on their efforts on both this and the recent flood crisis that has hit Queensland, it seems Ms. Bliegh was quick to act, was well informed, and has done a fantastic job providing information to the media / public during these periods. It’s noted that she too had friends, and family effected by the flooding in particular yet still maintained her professionalism when conducting interviews, and media releases.

By comparison, Ms. Gillard seems to not have a clue what is happening in Queensland and has not once offered any bit of useful information, or comment to the media during the flooding, or cyclone crisis. She should face a lifelong media ban, and should be strung up out the back and shot!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah it wasnt as bad, then again it did move south of us, however in larry i sat on the back patio and it didnt worry me, last night when it got a bit hetic i was getting worried and the noise was unbeliveable never heard anything like it, sounded like a freight train, only damage ive seen is neighbours fence is a bit down, apart from that mainly trees n that

M

mwb235

Good to see the cyclone wasn't as destructive as the media had portrayed it to be.

On a side note, and hoping to keep out of the political argument, but I think Anna Bliegh and the state government really need to be commended on their efforts on both this and the recent flood crisis that has hit Queensland, it seems Ms. Bliegh was quick to act, was well informed, and has done a fantastic job providing information to the media / public during these periods. It’s noted that she too had friends, and family effected by the flooding in particular yet still maintained her professionalism when conducting interviews, and media releases.

By comparison, Ms. Gillard seems to not have a clue what is happening in Queensland and has not once offered any bit of useful information, or comment to the media during the flooding, or cyclone crisis. She should face a lifelong media ban, and should be strung up out the back and shot!

I agree, Anna Bligh has done very well in the circumstances. She is a very good speaker and puts a lot of politicians on all sides of politics to shame (compare her to Peter Garrett for example). Up until recently, the Queensland Labor govt looked headed for the same political train wreck that the NSW govt is still heading for. I wish I could say the NSW premier was doing a good job - she probably wishes she had a disaster or two (well she does actually - the botched electricty sale is one of a long list of examples). At least we NSW folks get the chance to vote soon & deal with her useless govt.

Gillard is a disappointment. We're stuck with her until 2013, so hopefully for the good of the country she and her govt can turn things around and not cause even more stuff-ups. Let's see how she manages what will no doubt be the lengthy disaster recovery in Queensland and elsewhere.