Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cairns and surrounding area's

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
"A cyclone is coming"
What are you supposed to do, move to brisbane? lol
As I said earlier, I would have left, but you cannot leave a week before it is due to hit 'somewhere'...
Might work if you were due to go on holidays or something.
And as for Tasmanians being the only ones not able to evacuate, not true.
We all know Victorians are proof that Tasmanians can swim.

I'm off to clean my yard up.

Well, if you're that serious about cyclone threat, then yes. You could leave on the provision of "what if". But there has been 2-3 days notice of exactly how severe this cyclone is becoming and the threat it poses to certain towns/cities/areas, and that is more than enough time for arrangements to be made to get away if possible. For example.... Townsville - Brisbane, Approx 8? hrs drive (if driving almost straight through), 24 hours to a day, 2-3 days notice....You do the math.

And before you go getting you're panties in a twist even more and resorting to an attempt at insults against Tasmanians, (Try it....I've heard them all lol) I will remind you that my previous comments are directed at those that chose to stay under the (as CSP put it I think it was) "She'll be right" attitude or left it until the very last minute to leave, and are now stuck. I understand that not everyone has the resources to go somewhere safe and can only stay and prepare the best they can.

But I still stand by my view that those that chose to stay, when they have the ability to leave are fools.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
So all day yesterday, all night last night and all day today up until about 2pm wasn't enough time to get out of it's path? LOL!!!! Riiiiiiiiight. I had no idea so many people were either so complaisant, so stupid or both...

The eye is 500 odd kays in dia. people have been paniking buying up all the fuel in Cairns and I assume Townsville. Where are you going to drive to without a servo to fill up ? All there is left to do is batten down and hope for the best. Stupidity would be thinking you will be safe in your car 400-500km's away with an empty tank stuck in the middle of nowhere.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
wut??

This is getting retarded.
Anyone would think QLD is going to snap off and sink.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
best of luck to all you guy 's who stayed. ill see you all next week when i head up there to get all supermarkets, mobile phone towers and servo's up and running. hope to see you when i get there.

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
true about the fuel. i was doing some erands about town yesterday, about 2pm and if the people on the CB were to right half the servos in cairns were out already.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Not that it really matters, but isn't it almost double that?

Did I say Townsivlle? Sorry I mean Mackay, bout as far north as I have driven from Bris, and we did it in around 8 hours, with only 1 stop for fuel.