Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check engine, reduced power, stability control, safety mode active, WTF???

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
other thing that gets me is tech2 says the p0697 is never present any more after its reset until next ignition cycle.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
just tested ref 2 and 3 at the APP sensor and both came to 5v at exactly same times

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what happened prior to november
recently bought car, collision damage, new head unit, major repairs

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
what happened prior to november
recently bought car, collision damage, new head unit, major repairs
nothing, had it for a few years without any issues or work done to it, it was intermittent to begin with once in a while, never when it was cold, from just after middle of year it started, now its full time every time i start it with errors that need resetting before i can drive it.

Waterford

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore 2010 sportwagon
Hi Theiceman...i have exactly the same problem,driving me crazy/p0697and co242/when i pull the key out 3-4 times..the warnings disappering and i am good to go .until next time try to restart...just wondering if you resolved the issue yet..i spent a loads of money with different mechanic...they are just guessing

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
fixed, got second hand ecu and had it cloned and all perfect now so faulty ecu.

Reactions: Lex

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Hi Theiceman...i have exactly the same problem,driving me crazy/p0697and co242/when i pull the key out 3-4 times..the warnings disappering and i am good to go .until next time try to restart...just wondering if you resolved the issue yet..i spent a loads of money with different mechanic...they are just guessing
have you hooked up a tech2 to it? got any consistent things? disconnected all sensors on the ref3 circuit and still get the code? seeing its C0242 it may well be the abs module faulty, disconnect that and try it out see if same or different faults still occur.
my issue gradually got worse over weeks but same codes all the time.
thing with me is im not going to replace anything unless i was sure it was faulty, thats what took me a while, ran out of solutions, only thing left in my case after testing everything else was the ECU and that was faulty.

Waterford

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Theiceman! Thank you for your reply....i will see my electrician /mechanic today....i will show him your response and recommend to try these things.....my car getting worse every week....going into safe mode all the time....Thank you anyway

Waterford

Reaction score
Members Ride
hello Theiceman!

Probably i have a problem with the ecm as well.....but very hard to find a replacement one....can you advise me...where did you find the ecm for this car.....sorrry for the late response but the mechanics investigated everything in the mean time