Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

check engine, reduced power, stability control, safety mode active, WTF???

Reaction score
Members Ride
holdens
try the plug for the throttle just above the pedal for the tps p2138 error i had this error when i first plugged in my throttle controller and again recently plugging it back in
c0242 can also relate to a wheel speed sensor or loom for them
b1423 is low aircon refridgerant
b101d is prolly from changing your battery and this could be your ecm errors
you could try clearing all the errors unplugging the battery and leaving overnight

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Dirty throttle body can also cause the TPS code.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
this doesnit look right after plugging in the laptop and looking a bit further at things.
after replacing the battery its fixed a lot of codes, i'm getting 2 regular ones, P0697 and P2138 pretty much every time i start the engine and i have to reset the codes before i can drive anywhere.
look at accelerator D and E, is this correct? been out of the trade too long to remember. this would relate to correlation between the 2 sensors there and give that code. i would think they should be the same values?? one pic is at idle one pic is at full throttle engine off.
looking at faulty TPS??

Attachments

• 20231110_153237.jpg
    20231110_153237.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20231110_153242.jpg
    20231110_153242.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 60

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
above seems to be ok, regular codes that im getting now daily are
P0697 and C0242
you reckon throttle body could be an issue here? TPS seems ok according to tech2 readings

Reaction score
Members Ride
holdens
checked those wheel speed sensors? and or the loom that runs across the diff?
and as i mentioned before 2042 with this error could be either of the above
you are lookin for an open circut with p0697
did you try the throttle pedal plug? for 2138

jm sorry about the mess making it confusing

Last edited:

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
checked those wheel speed sensors? and or the loom that runs across the diff? you are lookin for an open circut with p0697 and as i mentioned before 2042 with this error could be either of the above
did you try the throttle pedal plug? for 2138
how is P0697 related to rear wheel sensors?

The 5-volt reference 3 circuit provides 5 volts to the following sensors: - Throttle position (TP) sensor 1 and 2 terminal E - Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor terminal 3 - Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 2 terminal 1 - A/C pressure sensor terminal 1

gotta get in there and start probing some wires as getting a constant 4.55v from the ECM according to tech2. intermittent stuff sucks. always does it when you go and start the car for the second and consecutive times most days, never when driving does it occur. then i have to clear the codes before i can drive it. always have to have laptop with me.

Reaction score
Members Ride
holdens
sorry about that i was a little out there made it clearer
i dont have tech2 i can see some of the stuff in my old reader but i mostly have to just get in there an probe an swap an reprovbe an check lol
have you had the throttle pedal unplugged or had a controller plugged into it?
have noticed that with certain throttle controllers the pins in the end of the plug dont seem to be a good fit and you can replicate the error by squeezing or even bumping that plug loom i have this with my own
while mine seems ok when removing the controller ive seen a little slack in a couple plugging it back into the pedal

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
sorry about that i was a little out there made it clearer
i dont have tech2 i can see some of the stuff in my old reader but i mostly have to just get in there an probe an swap an reprovbe an check lol
have you had the throttle pedal unplugged or had a controller plugged into it?
have noticed that with certain throttle controllers the pins in the end of the plug dont seem to be a good fit and you can replicate the error by squeezing or even bumping that plug loom i have this with my own
while mine seems ok when removing the controller ive seen a little slack in a couple plugging it back into the pedal
ive unplugged all the cables today, cleaned them with electrical cleaner and put them back together and will see what gives tomorrow then start probing. no controllers plugged in anywhere. probably never been unplugged from factory.

Reaction score
Members Ride
holdens
k cool wait n see
ive wanted tech2 for years but the old launch reader unit keeps hangin in there

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
what are peoples thoughts on this??

P2138 is set if any of the below conditions exist for greater than 1 second, or a cumulative of 10 seconds.
• The ECM detects that the voltage difference between APP sensor 1 and the calculated idle
range is greater than 0.25 volts, with a released pedal.
• The ECM detects that the voltage difference between APP sensor 2 and the calculated idle
range is greater than 0.31 volts, with a released pedal.
• The ECM detects that the voltage difference between APP sensor 1 and 2 is greater than
0.31 volts with a partially pressed pedal.
- With pedal partially pressed to 13% difference is 0.72v with APP1 at 1.43v and APP2 at 0.71v
• The ECM detects that the voltage difference between APP sensor 1 and 2 is greater than
1.70 volts with a fully pressed pedal.
- With 99% throttle, max that i get, difference is 1.84v with APP1 at 3.92v and APP2 at 2.08v
0.04 volts when AAP sensor 1 is greater than 1.17 volts.
- With APP1 at 1.98v and APP2 at 1.00v diff = 0.98v(OK), With APP1 at 2.22v and APP2 at 1.14v diff = 1.08v(OK), with APP1 at 3.12v and APP2 at 1.63v diff = 1.49v (FAIL)