Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to a VN Calais dash

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Its nice that people try to supply wiring diagrams, but i would stay away from that method, especially considering I have done the mod, with the aid of my father whom is a qualified auto electrician, and the above diagrams do not match my vn. It is a good idea to make your own

well obviously or so I thought to most intelligent people if you were using the diagrams and the wires were not the same colours as in the diagram you would ask some more questions ...not blindly attach wires . In most instances no 4 connector colour goes to same colour of your existing loom...the only thing is a vn to vp switchblock wiring was a little different since most l3 dash vps had a bcm and vns didnt

As for the previous post ...no splicing necessary..simply slides into the spare space in the connector

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Im a little stuck and help would be appreciated. I have VN calais switchs to put in my vn exec, the 1-3 connectors worked as directions but the switch blocks now need to be re arranged as the vp has different stuff in different places anyone have a guide or done this?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Ok shes all done, altho i havent done the wire to the ecu yet. What does this wire do? I have my engine semi apart and havent driven it to see the effect, furthest i got was put the battery lead on to test the dash, and it all lights up and works.

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hey all need some urgent help. fitted my calais dash. went to drive my car tonight and the lights behind the dash are not working. any one no where i have gone wrong? everything is wired up exactly as the wiring diagrams shown in this thread. please help urgently

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
sure the globes arent blown? i know with my spare dashes ive taken the good bulbs out of them and put the blown ones in that. maybe the guy you bought it off did that too

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
might pull it out soon and check that.

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
just pulled dash out and found tan wire with blue rings connected to nothing and cant match it to wiring diagram. whats this for? and what colour is wire for back light? also checked all globes. they were blown. replaced globes plugged it back in and still not working.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
check that something hasnt caused the new globes to blow. then check the circuit board on the cluster for any breaks. from memory there a left over wire not needed on the connector

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
checked. all globes fine. something that i noticed. when i turn the headlights on the triple windows go from being light up to going off.

Last edited: