Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creole Creme, Are You Offended?

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
If this keeps going, vegemite is going to need even more cheese!

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Acclaim
Oh god, I cant believe all of this came from a freakin Coles bikkie! I wonder if Woolworths are gonna release there own 'racist' brand of snacks?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
F***ing funny as! Lunch time entertainment!

Ironically, here's another email extract I received only this morning...

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary..

My confession:

I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees, Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are, Christmas trees.

It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu. If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

If only there were more people in the world like this.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
I'm offended that the so called freedom of speech that we apparently have the right to is no longer all that free, somewhere along the way, you pay for saying so many things these days and it is getting worse.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Australia does not actually have a "Bill of Rights" so we don't actually have specifically the "Freedm of Speech".

`redoctober

All show, baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais - Senator Replica
Australia does not actually have a "Bill of Rights" so we don't actually have specifically the "Freedm of Speech".

It's in the constitution.

You've got me pissing myself at "Australia does not actually have a bill of rights".

I love it, ahahahaha.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
This country DOES NOT have it in the Constitution that we have Freedom of Speech. The only rights we have that are mentioned in the Constitution is the Right to trial by Jury, Right to Compensation if the commonwealth takes property right to free religion and some other right about the states not being able to discriminate against another.

They can censor us as much as they like as long as they abide by what they are bound to in the Constitution and they follow the rights we are given such as the right to practice any religion and right to trial by jury.

People think we have the right to free speech. There are parts of the Human Rights act we are bound to as part of the United Nations but as far as Freedom of Speech goes, no such thing.

Heres a little bit of reading: http://www.aph.gov.au/LIBRARY/Pubs/RN/2001-02/02rn42.htm

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Well FFS, my religion says I have the freedom of speech!! If I want coon cheese or want to sing Baa Baa ****en black sheep to my kids, try and stop me.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Actually I would like to see someone challenge that. Im sure its been done before and doesnt work because I just whipped out my old law books and this is Section 116:

116. The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

Interesting.

B

BXHD

Youre religion can say you can take a Mini Gun into the middle of the CBD and let loose. You can read up on it, you can worship it, doesnt mean you can practice whatever you like.

And religion can say that if you blow up ur self whilst killing heaps of other, virgins in white are waiting for you in heaven..WTF!!??!
There are some F'ed up Religions out there.