Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design JC a new banner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
lol, thats fine, didnt think you were ripping me off at all, just similar looking :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i was meaning the pattern, not the background sorry.

Could you just do a quicky without the pattern, just a plain jane one with the logo, nd the background the way it was

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
heres my go, hope you all like it :p

wickedbannerlw2.png

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
heres my go, hope you all like it :p

wickedbannerlw2.png

please tell me you have a high paying job as a graphic designer. If so, when are they hiring, cause thats about as good as my skills are

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
PMSL, my mum just saw this and loves it to death. I agree, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

P.S, my 4 yr old niece wants her design back. ;)

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
wat u mean shrink it down...? the basis of the current banner is just two images placed on either side of the window with a constant background... im sure it would be easy to edit ppls images to do the same which will allow easy resize of any window... which will reduce file size and loading time without having to compromise on quality.. im half asleep when i rote this so i hope some of it makes sense :D

hehe damn all well new n old is good.. if they ever wanted to do multiple themes n like a modern one they can use me banner it just for a bit of fun..

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
is this wat u meant STEALTHY??

Last edited:

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
I am talking about the filesize, not the pic size. My point is that the banner you have there as a jpg is already around the 300kb size, plus buttons and rollovers after converting to a gif, it may be a little large. When you reduce the picture quality to make the overall image filesize smaller, it does this by reducing the amount of colours used in the picture. As your banner has quite a few colours in it, and a few odd shaped graidient blends, it may end up grainy.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
aight i got bored so heres a quik attempt of a banner... trying to go for a modern feel i duno just did wat ever came to mind :D

i can still edit it if needed as i stil have in psd form... and i realise once i finished that we wud need a background bar pic to keep a flow of background for users with dif size screens but meh i can do latr if needed...

jcbannernateglsb1.jpg

i like this one. and the car of the month looks decent on this one unlike the others

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
I am talking about the filesize, not the pic size. My point is that the banner you have there as a jpg is already around the 300kb size, plus buttons and rollovers after converting to a gif, it may be a little large. When you reduce the picture quality to make the overall image filesize smaller, it does this by reducing the amount of colours used in the picture. As your banner has quite a few colours in it, and a few odd shaped graidient blends, it may end up grainy.

yea true you are right that the file size is very big at almost 300kb... though even if ppl have slow internet a once off download will save in cache wich will then allow for future downloads to become alot faster if they do not delete their internet cache often... hehe..

n buttons i will thinking of just having the way JC has already simple html text button.. no need for flash buttons they just add to the download limit..

though your points are true and i take it as positive constructive feedback :D which i will take into account for next image i do if i can b bothered lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.