Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Determine persons identity from rego number?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
even if you could get the owners details from the rego, doesn't prove it was the driver at the time.
As suggested above, report it to the police, get a police report number and pass it onto your insurance company.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The circumstances of the road rage are as follows; I was turning left at a round about and saw him coming on my right, I had judged that I had enough room to get through, so I kept going, but what I was unable to judge at the time was that he was speeding, I had to slam the brakes he sped through, narrowly missing me, beeped his horn and flipped me off.
I returned the beep and the finger, he stopped in the middle of the road, I had to slow down and go up on the median strip to get past and he kicked in my passenger side front door. I stopped, got his rego and he did a u-turn and sped off in the other direction.
all witnessed by my partner and our 3 kids.

The police were little to no help as there werent any witnesses, but wont release his info for insurance reasons

You say you "were unable to judge at the time that he was speeding". Good way to contradict yourself. If you could not judge his speed, how can you say he was speeding? It sounds more like a complete lack of judgement on your part. I think put this one down to experience and next time look a bit harder for approaching cars before you pull out from an intersection

BumbleBeeSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VEII SSV Redline Ute
Going to the cops is also a waste of time. The only witnesses are your wife and kids. Therefore it becomes a civil matter. Suck it up and pay for your door dude.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
even if you could get the owners details from the rego, doesn't prove it was the driver at the time.
As suggested above, report it to the police, get a police report number and pass it onto your insurance company.

True this as OP is saying the driver, not the drivers' vehicle, damaged his car where therefore the registered owner of the vehicle would be responsible.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
^^^^^ well it worked in gone in 60 seconds.....

Why would you try and drive infront of someone who had right of way at a round about? With your wife and 3 kids all in the car? I'd say you should be lucky you didn't have bigger dents and a dead family.

"what I didn't judge is he was speeding" is a crock of **** and just a cop out, you were impatiant, and endangered the lives of others, and broke the law ny not giving way.

And if you take it to court, thats exactly the verdict your going to get. "He was speeding, but there is no witnesses....." good luck, suck it up and go buy a new door.

Tosser.

Doesnt justify stopping and kicking the guys door in.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
You drive a VT, you can pick up a complete door on ebay/wreckers for anything around $40-$80. Get door in your colour, install your self, all solved. No claim to your insurance, no courts issues, no problems.

I should point out, you returning "the beep and the finger," is road rage in of itself. Let wankers be wankers, I had a guy almost run up my arse today cause I stopped for a yellow light and he wanted to go for it, he had to mount the shoulder to not clean me up. He was all pissed off, I didn't respond at all, and drove off calmly on the green. Funnily enough, my door remains intact.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Tosser.

Doesnt justify stopping and kicking the guys door in.
You're quick to jump in and call me a tosser, lot of self restraint there, about the same amount of self restraint as the poor bloke who damn near had some reckless driver pull out and collect him. Only difference is that fella had a reason to be pissed of and react.

You on the other hand are just being a lippy dick.