Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY safety campaign – tell us what you think!

Which DIY vehicle maintenance safety slogan do YOU like better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Or....RTFM!

READ THE ####ING MANUAL.

The manual tells how to do the job properly. People should only need telling once.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
how about you give all car enthuniasts a free hoist instead of wasting that moeny on stupid advertising that doesnt work.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
The one issue I see with these sorts of campaigns.

Those of us who are start enough to take notice of this sort of ad/campaign are already practice safe methods of working around cars in particular when under them and those us who are stupid enough not to be safe when working under a car will also be too stupid to notice the adds.

So I don't full understand who the target audience is?

It's a bit like TAC "Drink and Drive" ads. Those of us who are smart enough to take note of the ads area already smart enough not to do it in the first place and the idiots who drink and drive are too stupid to take note.

Maybe there should be a compulsary IQ test for anyone purchasing a jack, body stands, ramps, etc. Then stupid people will lose the means to hurt themselves in exciting ways.

Having said that, if we have yet another campaign aimed at reducing stupid people fatalities, this is concerning from a evolutionary perspective as the more stupid people there are out there breeding and passing on their genes, the our species will regress.

Bit of a catch 22 really.

Time for another beer I think.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Those of us who have more than basic intelligence don't need a kiddie rhyme to remember to use a jack.

i don't think the issue was remembering to use a jack
more the correct way to use one

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
This option should be in to vote.. (Have it turned up so you can hear the music..) This would get ya ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QxZJZfU5Q (Very Powerful Safe Driving Ads That Shock - My Immortal: Evanescene)

Annnd I didint notice the Maintenance part :p ahh well.. voted number 1 :p

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
None of those slogans are any good. The issue is many peope dont realise a jack is for ONLY for lifting a car, NOT for supporting it. A lame slogan calling them a jackass does nothing to help educate them

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Or, go the same route as cigarettes and put pictures of disfigured jacking accident victims on them.

Of the actual slogans, the last one seens the most appropriate...

OR the government could introduce a jack-accident-prevention tax, which doubles the price of anything that requires a jack to be installed -unless a special "JAP" license is presented on purchase, which is given to people after buying a set of stands and completing a safe jack/stand working course.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Maybe there should be a compulsary IQ test for anyone purchasing a jack,

NOOOOOOOOO! cos then i would have to sit down with every douche that buys a jap imported car (that has a jack fitted) and give them an IQ test! god knows 99.99999% would fail anyway. "im sorry, you are too stupid to buy this car"

dont suggest such retarded things, otherwise some govt hack will think its a good idea and actually make it a new law.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Being the narsesist that I am, I am a great fan of what I said in my How to for changing tie rods ends:

BoyPocketsJr said:
If you don't have car stands; buy some. If you can't buy some; borrow some. If you can't borrow some; DON'T do this procedure.

And just change the last past to: GTFO from under your car.

small price to pay for 'survival or the fittest' IMO.

####ing LOL!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Wow... getting paid with tax payer's money to post on forums!