Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dump exhaust at diff??

VIPVT

Reaction score
Just drop the pipe's, have it coming straight from the extractors.. all good..

vq~gangsta

Resident science geek
Reaction score
Website
www.mbs.adelaide.edu.au
Members Ride
VE 3.0 SIDI ex-cop
Nope. The vehicle standards pdf says no such thing. When are you guys going to research your posts before you hand out half arsed advise? It says that the outlet must be 40mm behind the rear most joint in the floor pan that is not continuously welded or permanently sealed. In the VN there are some vents in the boot which are not sealed and thus does not satisfy the "permanently sealed" requirement.

Reaper

As far as i can ascertain, these forums are a medium where people can ask for advice, and other answer if they feel they have something to contribute. I think it's pretty ridiculous to assume that every post is researched before being added to the forum.

I would think that most members have enough common sence to know that the majority of posts offer the opinion of enthusiasts, not experts.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think reaper's point is that some people are naive enough to take opinions offered as gospel and then wonder why they get defected. Where a suggestion is made referring to the legalities of a mod or situation then that suggestion should be researched before it is offered. Too many people believe too much that is posted here so incorrect advice leading to loss, damage or illegal mods is all too common. Just take a bit of responsibility when offering a suggestion so people aren't led astray.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As far as i can ascertain, these forums are a medium where people can ask for advice, and other answer if they feel they have something to contribute. I think it's pretty ridiculous to assume that every post is researched before being added to the forum.

I would think that most members have enough common sence to know that the majority of posts offer the opinion of enthusiasts, not experts.

Yep - exactly. Asking for advice is great and there are some very knowledgeable people here. If you are going to take the time in advising about things that can affect safety and the legality of the car, I would expect that you would also take the time to research your advice first and provide a link (or similar) to the relevant legislation or state roads authority. This makes it easy for the person asking (and anybody else interested) to verify whatever is claimed.

Reaper

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Vehicles built after 1988 must have the exhaust outlet that exits at the rear most section of the body work. Prior to 1988 they are permitted providing the exit 200mm rearward from the last opening window

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
im getting the exhaust on my VQ 5.0 dumped at the diff tomorow...
i dont care if its illegal....makes it sound tuff as! lol

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
im getting the exhaust on my VQ 5.0 dumped at the diff tomorow...
i dont care if its illegal....makes it sound tuff as! lol

Whats the point of digging up an old thread just to say that? Its just going to cause an argument in the end.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i dont think he'll have much choice.
Also add some extra holes in the boot so you can hear it better

mmm righteo mate... wont have much choice? coz every single person who has ever done it has fallen asleep from exhaust gasses entering the car hey...

Whats the point of digging up an old thread just to say that? Its just going to cause an argument in the end.

ok for starters i didnt realise it was an old thread...and so what if it is, it happens all the time big deal... i dont c y its my fault if people wana whinge at me coz im doing something they dont aprove of or like...

and just curious to know...anyone actully got proof of someone being gassed to sleep while driving a car with a diff dumped exhaust? like i said jsut curious to know so please fill me in fellas

cheers!!! :thumbsup: