Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay problems selling car help pls.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
hey guys and gals
bit of a rant / advice thread

this is my first time selling my old vr commie on ebay and it hasn't been a pleasant experience

owned the car for 3 years only problems i had with it was oil leaks which i fixed car had done a few 4hr drives up to my friends block of land, no break downs

i sold my old vr on ebay, described in the ad saying the car is "as is no rego no rwc", also put a list of things i had fixed on it, gaskets in the engine also said it was lowered tinted windows, some spare parts and drove well. also said any question feel free to ask.

the car was my daily drive and was running fine right up to when i parked in the backyard when the registration ran out on the 13th of November sold it on ebay on the 3rd of December got picked up yesterday after noon. The buyer had a friend pick it up and drive it home 2.5hrs away no rego no permit. the 'friend' did not look over the car under the bonnet etc, was show the spare parts that came with the car, signed the notice of disposal and drove off.

now the buyer clicked buy it now, did not ask a single question about the car did not inspect it, just said he would pick it up on the weekend, gave him my mobile number and address, on the Friday night gave him the home phone number as i was working the weekend. didn't show no call no contact, messages me saying he is getting a friend to pick it up on Tuesday (yesterday).

get home today to a messege on ebay saying the engine loom caught fire 1hour away from his home and another message saying they finally got the **** box home and has a general whinge about the car saying he has half a mind to trailer it back to mine and have it out to me face to face!! says because of the distance hes goes on the ad.

*short version*
sold a car on ebay "as is, no rego, no rwc" via buy it now, buyer didn't ask any questions about the car didn't inspect it had a friend pick it up and drive it home yesterday approx 3 hrs away no rego no permit.
car was running fine when i parked it 3 weeks ago. engine loom caught fire 1 hour away from there home buyer isn't happy with it said he has a half a mind to trailer it back and have it out with me face to face.

owned the car for 3 years only problems i had with it was oil leaks which i fixed car had done a few 4hr drives up to my friends block of land, no break downs.

as i have said this is the first time selling something on ebay. and am a little anxious i don't want this person rocking up and having a go at me and my mum and dad any advice on what to do where i stand would be greatly appreciated

both my parents say they where nice people to speak to on the phone.

should i ask nicely for some photos of the 'damage' and go from there?
or is it a case of buyer didn't inspect, didn't ask questions about it car was sold as is no registration no r.w.c no warrenty
not my problem?

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
he drove off without inspecting it, once he has handed u the cash and left your house the car is no longer yours it is his problem, who knows what he did to it, maybe the buyer didnt like it and made up an excuse to bring it back, like cmon when does the engine loom catch fire?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
once you have signed those papers..its not your problem buddy, i wouldn't even worry about it

when i sold my calais a few yrs ago..not once did i ever have a problem nothing at all...week later after i sold it he said its starting to have problems..its the luck of the draw

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
as is = as it farkn sits................. if they dont look , ask, test drive, stiff shiiit to them. they might next time.

mayb his mate drove it home doing donuts n got the headers glowing red and melted ****, or took it paddock bashing, who know's, but its not your problem........

if you spoke shiit in the ebay ad its a different story....

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
You were honest in your description and gave him ample opportunity to inspect it its his problem besides he may have already swap parts over onto another car and is just trying to scam you or get a bit of cash back nothing surprises me with fee bay

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
This is the problem with selling things over the internet without people actually seeing the item first. Who in god's name would pay for a car and not test drive it first? Its absolutely 100% his problem, I just hope for your sake he isn't a typical bogan who would come and try to fight you. All the best with it and if anything does happen, call the cops on him.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
His problem. I sold a car earlier this year, was honest in the description. Guy came to buy it, took it for the shortest test drive ever. I told him to go easy on the drive home as been sitting idle for a month and i hadn't checked fluids, so gave him some bits to be on his way. Got a phone call that night to say headgasket had blown! - the car was running perfect before that. He made all sorts of threats.. but then calmed down after he realised they wouldnt work. never heard anymore from him. Somtimes these things happen - buying a car is stresfull but so is selling it!

You could call the cops anyway j- ust to register that you have spoken to them about the issue. That way, if anything happens (property damage, physical damage etc) they will have it on record who to contact.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Exactly what everyone has been saying. I owned an 83 Ford Courier ute, and the clutch went flat, and also a few bolts were loose on the carby, so after bleeding the clutch and tightening the bolts, my mates bro came over, had a look, wrote up a sale docket which said NO REGO, NO RWC, AS IS, he took it home, and the screws came out of the carby and the clutch went flat again, and I said boohoo mate, you signed for it AS IS, it's your problem now. It's been sitting in his yard for weeks now.

If the guy causes trouble, ring the police and explain it to them, and show them the form etc, even if it was hand written like mine. The other guy can't do ****.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Bad luck to them. I sold a VR on ebay which had an electrical fire and the trans die within 2 weeks of selling it. I felt bad for the new owners but thats what happens when you buy a cheap car with 390k off ebay. There was nothing wrong with it when I sold it in fact it was my daily. I just wanted it gone before things started breaking. Don't apologize or give any money back because you dont know what they did with it once it left your place.