Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay problems selling car help pls.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Not that I am aware of. I've asked for no evidence, its not my problem. I sold it in good faith with no warranty offered or implied. They havent bothered contacting me again, just trying it on in my view.

Same thing will happen with the OP I am guessing.. they are trying it on, they know they have no leg to stand on and if told to eff off, they will.

I think he was picking on your wording man hehe, we know what you mean. you said "Mind you, wasnt nothing wrong with the gearbox when they left my place..." wasn't nothing wrong is a double negative :p

edit: Naaf beat me to it lol (need to refresh browser before posting LOL)

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Flick the phone on silent :)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Given that I am usually the written English police I guess I will have to cop that one on the chin :D

I dont usually type the way I speak lol

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
I was referring to this comment from the original post which is clearly trying to intimidate him.

"he has half a mind to trailer it back to mine and have it out to me face to face"

You cant say things like that (its a threat and its illegal) and if its recorded in a voicemail, email, or SMS he should show police ASAP and keep a record of anything even slightly threatening or abusive

If you take 'having it out face to face' as a threat then you have a lot of growing up to do. If you expect the police to act on something like that, they wouldn't have any time to do any 'real' police work.

"How about I bring the car back and drive it through your front windows if you don't pay me for part of the repair costs." = threat.
"I'm towing the car back down as you are being un-reasonable. We can sort out this matter face to face rather than over ebay." = no threat.

There is a BIG difference between civil and criminal matters. Both fall under separate laws. You really should read up on both before dolling out advice to the OP which will only frustrate and waste both his and the police's time.

87RB30VL: How do you expect the police to act on something that hasn't and probably will never eventuate? Police aren't judge and jury, they're law enforcers. If the OP is genuinely concerned for his safety and wellbeing over this matter then he needs to advise the purchaser of this and to cease and desist. If threats of violence occur or harassment continues then if need be, the OP can apply to the local courts for a order of restrainment. If this is breached, then the police can criminally charge the offender.

Hope this helps! :)

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
87RB30VL: How do you expect the police to act on something that hasn't and probably will never eventuate? Police aren't judge and jury, they're law enforcers. If the OP is genuinely concerned for his safety and wellbeing over this matter then he needs to advise the purchaser of this and to cease and desist. If threats of violence occur or harassment continues then if need be, the OP can apply to the local courts for a order of restrainment. If this is breached, then the police can criminally charge the offender.

I know that, I meant if the guy comes and **** goes down, as in he gets physical, or aggressive, or refuses to leave, if that happens you ring the cops, not ring the courts, I do understand what you're saying but I was talking about if the buyer actually did pay a visit and it turned hostile there and then.

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
No worries champ. I thought you meant with his current situation as it sits! :)

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
If you take 'having it out face to face' as a threat then you have a lot of growing up to do. If you expect the police to act on something like that, they wouldn't have any time to do any 'real' police work.

"How about I bring the car back and drive it through your front windows if you don't pay me for part of the repair costs." = threat.
"I'm towing the car back down as you are being un-reasonable. We can sort out this matter face to face rather than over ebay." = no threat.

There is a BIG difference between civil and criminal matters. Both fall under separate laws. You really should read up on both before dolling out advice to the OP which will only frustrate and waste both his and the police's time.

Unfortunately these days, a threat is how someone takes it.

I could take it as a "yeah whatever" but the person standing next to me could take it as a major threat reading alot into it.

As a safety rep here at work, i deal with alot of stuff that is said in jest and as a joke, but all you need is for that one person to take it the wrong way and as threatening, and you're done for. And that includes someone you're not talking to and isn't even within your line of sight, but as long as that person can hear what you're saying, they can take offense to it.

Same thing if you're standing there talking with your mate and you tell them a joke, you both laugh and don't have a problem with it, but there could be soeone standing around the corner that heard that joke, and they can have you done for whatever it is that they took it as (if you understand all that).

Nowadays, it's gotten ridiculous with some things, but others are exactly what they seem. If he took it as a threat or a threat against his life or home, then he has every right to go report it and the cops are obliged to take it seriously.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
me personally, id tell him to come bring it to my house and have a try. hed be sadly disspointed because hed have to tow it back to his place, with himself being in a worse state then when he came along with the car.

just my two cents, i hate smart arses that try cover their own #### ups by ripping someone else. low lifes

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
F*#K eBay pisses me off I just had two bidders push up the price of my car and had no feedback the other had 2 feedback so I asked them both for contact details and then got a message from one accusing me of pushing the bid up with a fake account and the other C*#T pulled there bid within 2 minutes WTF and the first one retracted his bid and it turns out the prick put in a bid for $5000 which he either was on ####ing drugs or had no intentions of buying the item as its only worth 1500-2000 max!!!!!!! from now on I'm putting in a 20 feedback score minimum.