Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay problems selling car help pls.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
eBay is a buyers market so beware (a few years back it seemed like they always backed the buyer and not the seller). I used to buy HQ parts for a project I was working on and the number of stories I heard where the buyer made crap up then asked Paypal/ebay for a refund were incredible. One guy even took Paypal to court because they apparantly refunded the buyer his money, telling him to keep a genuine GTS steering wheel, then took the reimbursement payment from the sellers account without his knowledge there was even supposidlty an issue (buyer told them it was a fake wheel)

But yeh, stick by your guns - his problem and as mentioned alot can be swapped off a car in an hour, hes had it sitting at his place for more then 24!!!

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Bit of advice for you mate, do not even think about talking, meeting with him. That's his tough ****. Don't feel sorry for him, or think you have to do anything for him, that's cars mate. Tell him to take his bat and ball and f&ck off home.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
thanks guys :)

i described the car to the best of my ability and was honest in my listing car was fine right up till i parked it, i did trickle charge the battery and moved it a couple of times to do the lawns car left my place no problem. his friend picked it up and payed cash for it which i have hidden away
we have his friends name.

just don't want this tool showing up, i'm going to talk to dad about when he gets home from work, might go down to the local cop shop and tell them whats going on.

i just want to cover my ass
was thinking of sending him a message saying i will be discussing this with ebay directly not him
he's opened up a item not as described case on ebay o.0 so what should i do?
i'm thinking of e-mailing ebay telling them my side, he had a friend pick it up didn't inspect it didn't ask any questions about the car?

Last edited:

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
your not a car yard, you dont supply warrantys, his problem now

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
If he wants warranty tell him to go and get a new car. and #### giving him his money back its not your problem...

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
DO NOT REPLY OR SPEAK TO HIM IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. By all means go to your local police station and make mention of the situation in case he does come a knockin'.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Wait - you gave him your address and met him at home to do the deal? That was a mistake.

Other than that, tough **** to him...

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
If he's opened a case on Ebay, then definately go to the cop shop and report what happened. Ask them for a report number as well, so you can provide that to Ebay if and when they ask or do an enquiry on the vehicle/sale.

He didn't come and inspect, so it was his problem. If this ever goes to court, then you have no problems. Get back on Ebay and save a copy of your add, so you can print off and use as evidence for your case.

Also the fact that this dumb arse drove an unregistered car with no permit....the cops will be all over them anyway about that.

If you can, take a copy of your add to the cop shop to show them. The more evidence you have the better your case will be.

Don't stress about it, they live 3 horus away and won't be making a "quick trip" to come see you in any way.

All those things are driveway warranty anyway, so don't feel guilty in any way.

Good luck with it and please keep us posted about it.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Your safety,
"{buyer didn't ask any questions about the car didn't inspect it had a friend pick it up and drive it home yesterday approx 3 hrs away no rego no permit.}"
Go visit the local cop shop an ask them how to procede an mention that he threatened you.

Cheers
Mat