Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engagement Ring Options

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Now I'm a huge nerd so if it was my choice I'd go for a different precious metal. Like osmium, iridium
or palladium. But you'd be very hard pressed to find anywhere that sells or even deals with these metals.
Go with your gut, and congrats.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Nah, not envious just logical.

You also shouldn't assume what others can and can't afford.

I know for a fact my wife wouldn't see the logic in spending 13K on a piece of metal with a diamond or whatever in it. Why has it got to do with how much money you spend on the love of your life?

Its a special thing a Wedding/Engagement ring, signifies a special time and foreverness in a couples life. I just dont see how or why so much money has to be spent.

My opinion. Thats all, sorry.

I don't see the logic in spending that kind of money either but that's completely irrelevant.

If someone has the money to spend and it makes them happy I say go for it. Its like a car enthusiast spending $30k+ on a car that's a only weekender when they have a perfectly good daily in the shed. Sure the money can be put to more practical use, but if you want it and can afford it then that's all that matters and it's no-ones business

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't see the logic in spending that kind of money either but that's completely irrelevant.

If someone has the money to spend and it makes them happy I say go for it. Its like a car enthusiast spending $30k+ on a car that's a only weekender when they have a perfectly good daily in the shed. Sure the money can be put to more practical use, but if you want it and can afford it then that's all that matters and it's no-ones business

I guess the one difference being is that precious metals and rocks can be re-sold for what you pay in almost all cases, cars cannot.

It is all personal choice, it is simple as that.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Now I'm a huge nerd so if it was my choice I'd go for a different precious metal. Like osmium, iridium
or palladium. But you'd be very hard pressed to find anywhere that sells or even deals with these metals.
Go with your gut, and congrats.

Palladium rings can be ordered through most jewellers!

Rufys where I work it is only $27 to re-rhodium plate a ring $100 is a ####ing rip off, please shop around!!

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
$27 from somewhere I have no idea about or $100 where I bought the ring (and where it was made) and know the jeweler? Not going to risk it for such a pathetically small amount of money!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Plating is for kids mate, if it was any good it would not need a shiny couting.
If Diamonds are forever why buy a ring that's only shiny for a few months...

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Soooooo.....

Have you grown a pair and popped the question yet?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Plating is for kids mate, if it was any good it would not need a shiny couting.
If Diamonds are forever why buy a ring that's only shiny for a few months...

You have no idea. A few months? Who said a few months? Here's an idea, how about you get a clue, then get back to me. The rhodium protects the 18ct white gold. It's not a gold plated ring you knob! (if that's against the rules, I'll take the infraction cause it's worth it for the truth on this occasion)

Actually why did I bother? With spelling like "couting" I should have realised........ and ignored.

Soooooo.....

Have you grown a pair and popped the question yet?

Yup! More to follow tomorrow! :D

Couldn't wait for Vanuatu - got too impatient. Now Vanuatu will be like the engagement Honeymoon. ;) lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Haha knob lol. Yeah right, how about you get back to me next year when you realise you got suckered into the run of the mill plated jobby by a jeweller who couldn't be bothered making you anything better (and i'll laugh my head off ). How long do you think the plating is going to last ? In the 30 years it would take for a high palladium ring to 'wear out' you will have spent enough to buy 2 of them just getting yours plated over and over and it will still wear out just as fast. Anyway no worries, don't listen to me i didn't learn anything doing metallurgy at Uni ...

The 1 thing i will agree on is Vanuatu is a great spot. We spent our Honeymoon there and then went back for a second one 2 years later. Just watch out for the Melanesian hotel in any transfer / stopover packages. Its a dump and most of all stay well away from processed meats over there like ham and snags. They go through you faster than folk, and don't stop till well after you get home.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Couldn't wait for Vanuatu - got too impatient. Now Vanuatu will be like the engagement Honeymoon. ;) lol

Eratap for the mutha ####ing win!!!