Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Eurovox Wiring Chart

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Hi guys, thanks for wiring code link, should come in handy.
Stupid question...will the volume buttons still work on my VS Stato, can't see any specific wire for them off my new Pioneer unit or in the link posted??

Elmo's_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.9
hey ppl ive got a 1997 vt commodore i wanna now which wires from the car are the positive and the asserories wire thanks cheers
Elmo aka Elliott

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
hey ppl ive got a 1997 vt commodore i wanna now which wires from the car are the positive and the asserories wire thanks cheers
Elmo aka Elliott

Yellow = Accessories
Orange/black trace = Positive

Cutty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Supercharged
Hi guys, thanks for wiring code link, should come in handy.
Stupid question...will the volume buttons still work on my VS Stato, can't see any specific wire for them off my new Pioneer unit or in the link posted??

I think you will find that they will not work - you can buy units that give you access back to these controls. Pretty sure there are some posts on the forums about them if you do a search.

swing-buy-soon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim wagon
Wonderful chart found here, "YEH" colour & all. Now, just need to stop the static in those speakers & get balance working together as one. And also hope to get all six doing it at the same time too. Wish me luck guys it can't be that hard???? Now off to pull half the front dash apart .

Burns48_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
gday guys urgent help needed!! ive added back speakers behind the seats into a vu ute using the speaker wires that would usually go there for a sedan, everything is connected up an all speakers work right but the only way the radio unit would turn on is it the brown/grey stripe and the yellow/grey stripe all 4 of them coming from each direction were connected together, it looses its memory everything you turn it off and need to put the code in each time, would love to know how to fix this thanks

vx2fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais series 2
vx executive series 2

i need to know what wires do what for the stock head unit as i want to put my new head deck in just cant find anything about it looked around on the forums found nothing please help fast

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
ok...i just wired back in my original radio..and found some different colours used in the donor vt and mine.
firstly..the plug in the back has no slot numbers on it..so its hard for us to compare a slot number to slot number.
I found on my series 1 vt executive...1999 year auto ..that it did not have same colour coding as the vt series 1 1999 i looked at ....at the wreckers and removed the radio plug from.
the first up difference was 1 added wire on the donor plug....it had the constant 12v + --yellow /red
(if you dont have a constant 12v + ...in the car in your loom you wont need it in the plug...)
(if you do need ..and its not fitted either run a seperate wire from power 12v + side of the fuse box or battery..)

orange /white battery +12v turned out to be orange /black
brown/white dimmer in +12v turned out to be brown /black

so if you look at the plug with the plug clip (that located in the middle of the plug favouring one end) you notice a simple key to plug..
1 front side of lock tab is speaker front left and rear left
1 front side of the lock tab is speaker front right and rear right.
and that on on the front 4 positions a tab and 4 positions
( this handy cause di#khead holden makers have thrown 2 plain same coloured wires into the mix ..""grey"' and 1 is speaker grey... and 1 is dimmer out grey.....and to find out which you try each one..and the one that makes sound come from the left front door speaker is the winner :)
along the bottom there is 10 slot points.. but we dont use them all...the 2 under the tab ..are N/A ...and so is one furthest to end side slot ..N/A
and the bottom row goes like this...
battery12v+ access 12v+ ground phone mute N/A N/A dimmer out dimmer in 12V+ constant 12v+ N/A

So for a start...you should not be touching speaker wires with other power wires..
and you should not have power wires touching each other

I say pull the fuse out for radio first...:)
model radio eurovox 92047975
so there is 18 pins...of which 3 a never used on a vt if the vt dont have power aerial ( up + down) or amp
and dont need to use constant 12v+ in some vt's either.

this should help others as well :)

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
WES Components is an electronics wholesaler. Amongst other things, they sell Aerpro brand adaptor looms to go from standard car wiring plugs to aftermarket head units - just plug and plug - no cutting or wires necessary. They also sell adaptor harnesses, which you solder on to the new head units wiring, and then this plugs straight into your Commodore loom. It makes putting an aftermarket stereo in a car much more easier, and it's easily reversible if you decide to sell the car and put the original stereo back in. Most car parts places stock a bit of WES/Aerpro stuff, and they could probably order specific stuff in if asked. Have a look at [URL="http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/18_Auto.pdf"/URL], starting on page 53 - the intersting stuff is on page 54 and 55. Of, they sell antenna mast replacements for Commies as well.