Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ever get strange calls on your landline?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll never forget the foreign female scammer that called on our landline. I told her to piss of ya scammer and hung up on her.
She called back 30 seconds later (different aussie mobile number displayed this time) called me a mother fcuker and hung up on me. :D

I love people that call me that...I say I have kids, so of course I am one of those... :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It is the olde name for the national telephone system that used to work well despite rain, floods, fires, storms and electricity failures.

Now, for us olde folks, it is the name for the electronic phone thingy that is connected to a plastic box thingy with a little green light that shows you are connected to world via the computer electrons that the Gubbermint calls the NBN. This does not work during rain, floods, fires, storms and electricity failures.
As I pay for the electronic video picture machine that I can see what I am writing now , it doesn't cost me anymore $$$ to have it. But it does cost twice now as much as it did before I had such modern technology

I hope that this very technical explanation is to your understanding. :)

PS ....... my call for today was from 08 6186 7544, which I didn't answer, but apparently it could have been from Amazon telling me that I have to pay either $99 or $199 for something that I didn't order. Would that be a scam ?

I have gotten those calls from Amazon on my work phone...I tell them to go ahead and bill me....Not my money getting spent...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Does any of us oldies remember using a payphone, if say the number (as an example) was 444444 then you took the handpiece off and tapped six time on the top of the phone, pause for a second or two then repeat five times and therefore got a free call.
Nope...:rolleyes:

There a number you could dial to make a payphone to ring too..

Not that an innocient person like me would do such a thing...:oops::D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lol. My old grandad bred a pigeon with a woodpecker, not only did it deliver a message, it knocked on your front door as well:)

Truck that....End up with no door at all if it was hungry....:)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The most amazing part about this thread is that theres still people out there with landlines.

Even my 90 year old grandfather ditched the landline/number he'd had since 1963 in favour of his mobile.

Reactions: Lex

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Does any of us oldies remember using a payphone, if say the number (as an example) was 444444 then you took the handpiece off and tapped six time on the top of the phone, pause for a second or two then repeat five times and therefore got a free call.

I have used plenty of pay phones but never knew this.

I did play a pinnie once that had the rolling wheels for scores.

If you picked it up at the flipper end and dropped it you would get free credits.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have used plenty of pay phones but never knew this.

I did play a pinnie once that had the rolling wheels for scores.

If you picked it up at the flipper end and dropped it you would get free credits.
I had fishing line tightly wrapped around a 50c coin. You could drop it in, it would register the coin then if you pulled it up quick enough you could drop it in again to register another 50c.