Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust for AFM SS Commodore

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
yeah that sucks ... who'd want AFM???? .... save a lousy 1 l per 100 km and lose 10 kw AND ability to do after market mods.

People that are happy with them stock i guess and its easy to disable anyway.

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Hey Yissy,
I don't know if you are still having the exhaust issue, but I went through this for many months, trying several different types of systems on my SSV Wagon. The hammering inside the cabin was insane while afm was activated. I was hesitant to have it turned off at tuning, as I am getting 8.2 litres per 100 on regular interstate trips. If I drive in manual mode, the afm does not kick in, but the fuel consumption is around 10 Lt per 100k. What I have finished with is 1 3/4" Headers, High flow cats, 2.5" system (Hurricane) and the original Holden mufflers. It has a bit more grunt than stock, but it is still very quiet. I am not at all happy with the note, but I know of no solution. If you have found one, I would love to hear from you.

Jamster

Reaction score
Hi Yissy,

I'm also doing my head in, as I too have just purchased a VE SS with AFM. Can you please give me the specifics of work done, brands, etc? I am looking at sticking in a 2.5 exhaust, but also don't want to disable AFM.

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE
Pacemaker extractors, ballsitic cats and a kpm catback exhaust...

Will put a decent hole in your pocket but sounds oh so sweet.

Jamster

Reaction score
Pacemaker extractors, ballistic cats and KPM catback... How much will that set me back and does AFM have to be turned off?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Pacemaker extractors, ballistic cats and KPM catback... How much will that set me back and does AFM have to be turned off?

depends what size catback, also are you going to get their full system?, send them and email for a quote i did and they were very helpfull with the prices

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
depends what size catback, also are you going to get their full system?, send them and email for a quote i did and they were very helpfull with the prices

I think Jamster is asking if that setup will still drone/vibrate with AFM. Personally, I'm not convinced that it won't.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE
I have that setup on my my10 ssv ute, still using afm and has little to no drone.

I can tell when afm kicks in on the freeway etc but other ppl that have been in the car can't.