Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust for AFM SS Commodore

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Pacemaker extractors, ballistic cats and KPM catback... How much will that set me back and does AFM have to be turned off?

2.5" system $3550 plus installation
3" system $3950 plus installation

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE
2.5" system $3550 plus installation
3" system $3950 plus installation

that first price is full system non ceramic and the second price is full system ceramic.

For just cat-back your looking at about $2,200 2.5" and @2,500 for 3"

Black_Bart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sportwagon
Hi all, I guess this thread could go on forever... My 2 bobs worth is as follows. I have a 9.5 AFM SS-V auto wagon and wanted to get a bit of a note so I just got a pair of X Force Varex mufflers (diff back) and bolted them on to my totally stock system. Got them couriered from Sydney to Geelong and paid $920.00 all up.
It took about an hour and a half to remove the stock mufflers and bolt on and wire up the Varex mufflers myself. With the butterflies shut it has a slightly loader note than the stock mufflers but sound great when they are 1/2 or fully open. Maybe I am easily satisfied compared to most folk, but it was annoying to have such a cool car that goes fast enough for me in stock format, just couldn't hear the dam thing.
There is a definate drone on steady throttle and even more so once AFM kicks in, but the answer to me is simple, just shut the butterflies over and it all goes quite while I cruise along. Who really neads to hear the car while cruising on a stead speed up the highway, to me it's all about the stop start and accelerating away from lights etc. For my money this is a great solution that I am happy with, only problem I have is that the two mufflers are hanging slightly different, so I will pay so someone to even them up, but overall, very happy and all for less than a grand....

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hi all, I guess this thread could go on forever... My 2 bobs worth is as follows. I have a 9.5 AFM SS-V auto wagon and wanted to get a bit of a note so I just got a pair of X Force Varex mufflers (diff back) and bolted them on to my totally stock system. Got them couriered from Sydney to Geelong and paid $920.00 all up.
It took about an hour and a half to remove the stock mufflers and bolt on and wire up the Varex mufflers myself. With the butterflies shut it has a slightly loader note than the stock mufflers but sound great when they are 1/2 or fully open. Maybe I am easily satisfied compared to most folk, but it was annoying to have such a cool car that goes fast enough for me in stock format, just couldn't hear the dam thing.
There is a definate drone on steady throttle and even more so once AFM kicks in, but the answer to me is simple, just shut the butterflies over and it all goes quite while I cruise along. Who really neads to hear the car while cruising on a stead speed up the highway, to me it's all about the stop start and accelerating away from lights etc. For my money this is a great solution that I am happy with, only problem I have is that the two mufflers are hanging slightly different, so I will pay so someone to even them up, but overall, very happy and all for less than a grand....

How does it go with the butterflies closed? I've heard that they actually make the car lose a bit of power...

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
just get a tune and get afm turned off....

Black_Bart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sportwagon
The varex muffler is actually smaller than the stock one and gives a better note than the stocky even with the butterfly fully closed so I am confident that there is no loss of power

IBJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Bart
I have just bought a new SS with AFM and like your exhaust solution. Xforce told me that the Varex will not bolt on to the stock 2 1/4 flange. Did you have to make mods? Also where did you get it as I was quoted $1150.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
im with footy. get it tuned and turn off the afm. really is the 1.5L/100km worth it. thats like an extra $2.20 roughly per 100km. u dont buy a v8, modify it and worry about the ecconomy. disable the afm and enjoy the car.

flatheadv8s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportwagon
Afm

Stuff the AFM, who needs it. Is there much involved with shutting the AFM off