Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory Servicing

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No oil flush. It’s a brand new motor.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Some info on Hyundai service schedule from this dealer in the USA. Don't know if it refers to Diesel or Petrol though.
https://www.andymohrhyundai.com/hyundai-santa-fe-maintenance-schedule-bloomington-in.html

This is even better info in this link. https://www.hyundaisantafemanual.com/santafe-282-normal_maintenance_schedule.html
Down under it seems they’ve buried the service info rather than delete it fully (as I thought). So you can still get to it though it’s nowhere near as easy as before…

You first need to create a free MyHyundai account and then add your vehicle before starting the book a service for your specific car. At the beginning of the process after choosing the service interval you should notice some highlighted text for “more details” (or such). If you click on this “more details” link you will get to see what is actually done during that service…

He FU finds this interesting…

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Maybe but we went with diesel because the entire transport network, including trains needs diesel. Any transition away from that is decades away. No way can road trains run distances with electric motors.

A safe bet for the future.
All fuel is a safe bet for the future, unless they plan on refining some portions out and pumping the rest back underground.

Can’t build roads without asphalt ergo oil refining isn’t going away any time soon. Liquid fuels can probably be replaced at the margins but not entirely. The world will have to offset those emissions rather than try and eliminate them.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I couldn't see here that anyone had recommended oil analysis test being done.
Having done diesel air comptressor and power generator engine servicing for over the last 15 years, the results can show if the oil is old or new.
Only need a small bottle taken from the dipstick hole via tube and pump.
https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/info-hub/what-oil-analysis-reveals-about-your-engine-and-oil.html

It does take a week or 2 to get results back, but it will give you hard evidence of the oil being changed or not.

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
There are a few reasons service books aren’t worth a pinch of you know what to me when buying a car. This is a big one of those reasons!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Forged service histories.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
I had a 03 Rodeo that I owned from about 40K ks, 5000k oil changes and oil flush every 2nd or 3rd oil change and it was always fairly clean sold at 180K ks.

On the other hand purchased a Prado 170K ks on the clock. Only had factory 20K services oil black as sin. Has had 5k oil changes for the last 100K with oil flush and is still filthy after a lap of the block

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There are a few reasons service books aren’t worth a pinch of you know what to me when buying a car. This is a big one of those reasons!

Do you know you've now upset @gossie...Mr by the book servicing guru.... :D