Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First start after cam change ls1

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
With both valves closed the lifters will be running on the base circle (or there abouts anyway) for that respective cylinder. This is when there will be the least tension on the lifter. Um, do you really mean 'cms'??? Have you re-checked the rocker bolt torque? With new lifters fitted it is not uncommon to momentarily have a little lifter compression by hand, until they pump up, say, 1mm on the compression stroke. This should have happened long ago though with the amount of time you've run the motor for.
my bro took the torque wrench back to work today, hopefully he brings it home tonight. i reckon we might have found the problem. and yes i mean a few cms!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Well that would certainly seem to be the source of your valve train noise! But, unless the rocker bolt has loosened several turns, I don't know how this is physically possible, short of a collapsed lifter. With everything asembled and the lifters pumped up, you shouldn't be able to move anything by hand.
In the interim, just check the tension of each rocker bolt with a ratchet. You'll quicky determine if they've come loose or not.
Pushrods are definitely correctly seated in the cup of both the lifter and rocker arm?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah when i can lift the rocker arm off the valve stem the pushrod gets pushed down into the head.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Possible to get some pics? Sounding like you lifters are yet to 'pump up' which they should have by now.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Did you bleed all the lifters before you put them in?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
ill go take a couple of pics now

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
cylinder one, this is how far i can lift the rocker up on no 1. the others arent as bad. its solid on the pushrod its just pushing the lifter down.

Attachments

• P1000918.jpg
    P1000918.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 470

Mc_Robz

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT Improved VE SS Ute
I dont have a clue on the problem, but could you tell me how much freight you paid for that kit. I have been looking at these myself and would be interested to find out what the freight is worth.

Thanks.