Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those that have auto headlights

Do you always leave your headlight switch on "Auto"?

• Yes

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Don't have the "Auto" option

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I hate them but since they are there i'm not going to bother turning them on and off myself.
Love it when they come on when you start up on a bright sunny day just because your sunshades are covering the sensor on the windsceen.... the trouble with auto stuff is it has no brain

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I hate them but since they are there i'm not going to bother turning them on and off myself.
Love it when they come on when you start up on a bright sunny day just because your sunshades are covering the sensor on the windsceen.... the trouble with auto stuff is it has no brain

Yeah and they turn on as you drive into the garage haha.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I just like it when I unlock my car at night and my headlights+foggies come on...it's pretty satisfying lol.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Euro and Asian cars with much more sensitive systems than Holden flash their lights as they drive under bridges.

When I drive under some bridges with my Statesman, the lights come on. And I have noticed this with other Commodores as well that are newer then mine. It doesn't worry me though. I just hope that now that I have HID's installed that it doesn't shorten the life of the globes if they switch on and off at random times.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I just like it when I unlock my car at night and my headlights+foggies come on...it's pretty satisfying lol.

Yes that is what I like as well, at night when I unlock the doors, the lights switch on.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I hate it personally, I much prefer the system in the VT. Leave them on, as soon as the door opens - they turn off. I generally drive in and around dusk. So I always have either parkers or head lights on.

The VE system is not bad, but not brilliant.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I hate it personally, I much prefer the system in the VT. Leave them on, as soon as the door opens - they turn off. I generally drive in and around dusk. So I always have either parkers or head lights on.

The VE system is not bad, but not brilliant.

Vy does this you just leave it on on rather than auto. Can't see why the ve wouldn't be the same

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
The VE turns itself off after a few seconds of locking the car, but I sit there waiting to make sure it goes off. Easier just to get in the habit of switching it off.