Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter How-To (VN - VS)

HuskeyVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
NONE
gotta be SKINNY to fit under (LOL lucky me - hubby's too big). If you have the new filter already prepared with new hose and clamps it's a very quick job. Just be careful, I didn't get fuel in my eyes but where it landed on my arm it BURNT and left small blisters. Had to wash off with soap and water fast.

i know someone who got drenched in petrol at work and decided to wait till he got home to change ended up with 3rd degree burns on his chest and 2nd degree to his arms and neck :doh:

Firstride

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive wagon
Did mine today on a VR, was amazed at how quick and easy it was... Found that doing the clamps back up was easyer with a flathead screwdriver...
Thanks

wardle89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA 91
I shell be doing this soon, as my car is runny like crap :(

ED Falcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Exec
hoped under my car (no jack or axle stand, just while it was on the driveway) with a screw driver and undid the two hose clamps on either end of the fuel filter

making sure i was out of the way, i disconnected the old fuel filter (got <200ml fuel on my driveway) and installed the new one

thats all i did to change mine lol

Wallace82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Executive Series 2
Sounds like it would work with just your jack maybe? I dont have access to wheel ramps