Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Girl, 14, gang raped while walking home through Sydney park

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
just a note to keep it civil ladies. if you cant hold a discussion without petty name calling and such, dont bother posting.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
just a note to keep it civil ladies. if you cant hold a discussion without petty name calling and such, dont bother posting.

Ironic post is ironic lol. :p

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
TBH, If a white guy or guys raped a black girl I'd be just as pissed off, unfortunately you can't deport those assholes anywhere so jail it is.

That could be a new use for Rangitoto , or the Chatham Islands . :p

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
OOOOH big misunderstanding. Point by point.

-The media does sometimes fixate on race in reporting crime, sexual or otherwise. I have often heard of perpetrators referred to as african/aboriginal/asian etc. but will less likely hear of a white perp been referred to as such. Pack rape is a very, very serious crime and would have made the media regardless. People sometimes focus on ethnic crime but Caucasians do crime as well.
-Yes, the vast, vast majority of Sudanese people have a clean criminal record. Obviously there are no convicted sex offenders in this demographic.
-The majority are christian. I bring this point up because you were going on about muslims. This specific attacker/s may have been muslim; but is statistically unlikely.
-Don't really know if they are deliberately oppressed, they are certainly marginalised with higher unemployment and lower levels of education. I mention the working bit to illustrate the vast majority become constructive members of Australian society.

Bit clearer now?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
That could be a new use for Rangitoto , or the Chatham Islands . :p

The worst convicts used to be sent to Norfolk island; can't to that now, jail is a tourist attraction.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
-The media does sometimes fixate on race in reporting crime, sexual or otherwise. I have often heard of perpetrators referred to as african/aboriginal/asian etc. but will less likely hear of a white perp been referred to as such. Pack rape is a very, very serious crime and would have made the media regardless. People sometimes focus on ethnic crime but Caucasians do crime as well.

I read an article yesterday where the writer was whinging about using the term african etc in a police report claiming it was racist.

How else would police, media etc describe an African male? Surely descriptiveness in the media is required to make sure we know who we are looking for?

Victoria are only just getting over the reign of crap inflicted by do gooder eat lunch while state is burning Nixon where the word gang could not be used, nor African, sudanese etc in media releases. I still remember choking when reading a police report stating they were looking for a tanned man that rapeda young girl. They were actually looking for a Sudanese fellow. Tanned and black are two different things, sad you cannot call a black person a black person or an asian an asian anymore without the do gooders invoking the racism card.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I read an article yesterday where the writer was whinging about using the term african etc in a police report claiming it was racist.

How else would police, media etc describe an African male? Surely descriptiveness in the media is required to make sure we know who we are looking for?

Victoria are only just getting over the reign of crap inflicted by do gooder eat lunch while state is burning Nixon where the word gang could not be used, nor African, sudanese etc in media releases. I still remember choking when reading a police report stating they were looking for a tanned man that rapeda young girl. They were actually looking for a Sudanese fellow. Tanned and black are two different things, sad you cannot call a black person a black person or an asian an asian anymore without the do gooders invoking the racism card.

Totally agree, when trying to describe an asian male.... how else can you accurately describe him? he IS an Asian Male. Simple. There is no malice nor hatred there. Used in a different angle with explicits thrown in and it could most certainly go the other way... but when trying to describe someone... it's gone a bit far.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
That is fine if its the bit of the story where police describe height, weight, clothing etc of the perp they are after. If it's in the headline or first paragraph, could be taken to have different meaning or emphasis.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6

Good grief , so if someone here calls me a Saffa , I might claim member abuse , :p. **** I'm a "tanned man", as well .:eek: