Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

givn me the sh**s

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I had this same problem with my vt...only air coming out of bleeder
You need to first top up the radiator....Then put cap on..Then turn engine on...Then let it run to operating tem....Go for short drive...Then open up the bleed screw...Then when cooled down top up the radiator

A better way is to put something into the radiator where the cap ges that you can fill with coolant that is higher than the bleed screw. I use a Gatorade bottle with the bottom cut off and electrical tape around the top to seal it. Just turn on the heater tap when you fil the radiator and with the engine off you undo the bleed screw and the air will come out. You can then idle the car with this bottle in place if you want to but it shouldn't really be nessecary. Remember to take the overflow hose from the overflow bottle and hold it high otherwise the coolant in the gatorade bottle will just run into the overflow.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
did you put the little vacuum hose back on the heater tap?

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
yep i put that back on, the tap is working fine its just not getting hot inside the car

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
yep i put that back on, the tap is working fine its just not getting hot inside the car

When you find the answer can you please tell me??
As i will be changing my heater tap soon

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
100% air lock happens to mine from time to time if the coolant gets low the heater blows cold air, usually when its bloody freezing at 5am in the morning too