Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good street clutch

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Ever watched Home Improvements? Tim the Toolman bigger is better *grunts*. Uses a 4 foot long industrial hammer drill to drill a 1/8 hole in perspex.. 250kw why the fcuk would you spend a couple grand on a clutch unless you want to prove to your mates that you too are Tim the Toolman?

The OP did the right thing, and he can spend his $1000 bucks in change buying as much beer or illegal vegetable matter as he wants.. while others suffer on with their manly pain in the ass superclutch and wish they had Rugby legs...

doi it once, do it right. Once you start putting power behind the LSX blocks youll know why you fork out the cash.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah but the OP has clearly stated its a daily, he has 250kw and he isnt planning to increase that.. he simply doesnt need to put up with a superclutch or pay the money for one. If you dont and will never need it, its wasting money just so you can make your car harder to drive.

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
doi it once, do it right. Once you start putting power behind the LSX blocks youll know why you fork out the cash.

I agree with this comment. Most ppl say there never gonna go any further but eventually do and then the clutch will have to be replaced again.
There are clutches ie hd organic that have the same pedal feel as standard clutch and rated for alot more so it's not the fact of trying to show off as it's only a clutch what is there to show off, it's the practicality side just saying that if he does decide in the future to do more to his car then his clutch won't have to be changed again.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
doi it once, do it right. Once you start putting power behind the LSX blocks youll wonder why you fork out the cash for a Holden block.

There you go, fixed for you

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I agree with this comment. Most ppl say there never gonna go any further but eventually do and then the clutch will have to be replaced again.
There are clutches ie hd organic that have the same pedal feel as standard clutch and rated for alot more so it's not the fact of trying to show off as it's only a clutch what is there to show off, it's the practicality side just saying that if he does decide in the future to do more to his car then his clutch won't have to be changed again.

See now the key word there is 'eventually'. 'Eventually' the clutch he bought will wear out too.. 'Eventually' the superclutch will wear out too. If he decides to stick an LS7 in it one day, then he can re-evaluate.. his current clutch will have some wear anyway.

Some people just want to improve their cars, not everyone thinks their car needs to be the fastest in the state. At the moment, he has a better use for the extra grand.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
There you go, fixed for you

Congratulations you made a funny. Back to the V6 forums now.

See now the key word there is 'eventually'. 'Eventually' the clutch he bought will wear out too.. 'Eventually' the superclutch will wear out too. If he decides to stick an LS7 in it one day, then he can re-evaluate.. his current clutch will have some wear anyway.

Some people just want to improve their cars, not everyone thinks their car needs to be the fastest in the state. At the moment, he has a better use for the extra grand.

Ugh. Some people just want to improve their cars.... Yeah and putting a half arsed clutch in a 250rwkw car, is not a improvement its a waste of money.

Eventually they will both wear out. I guarantee you which one will blow first.

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
does anyone know where to purchase the LS7 clutch? if so rough cost.

TigaVTSS57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
with the ls7 clutch you must get a flywheel to match ie: ls2.
ls1 flywheels are different.

Btw i bought a stock ls1 clutch brand new with slave cylinder, cover plate, friction disc and flywheel on ebay for 490.
if i had time i would have bought an ls7 clutch though.

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Lol, did I hurt an LS owners ego because he thinks his alloy boat anchor is far superior than the good old 5 litre haha.

Back to the car audio section for you, for something to drown out that horrible LS sound haha