Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sorry Prof no red tyre stripe on this one. But, taking your thoughts further, I reckon a nitrate MSE with a black bonnet like this R/T would look great. Not as racey as the brighter colours. But so stylish.
20170519_072406.png

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
Hey, I forgot, Martin, have you gone with the big spoiler? How about you, GLA, did you?

Nitrate with a black wing spoiler and red centre caps.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think you're right, Martin. I remember a '68 Camaro in silver with red line tires; and in here in Aus, I recall an E49 Charger in Mercury silver with similar red line tyres; both were jaw-dropping - the red highlights DO really work with silvers.
Well, we're fortunate to have our buddy GLA on here; I too cannot wait for his photos.

Like everyone else, I cant wait for delivery of the car.
It should be mine in 2 weeks and a day.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Let us know when your coming iv
Like everyone else, I cant wait for delivery of the car.
It should be mine in 2 weeks and a day.
Let us know when you are coming over, I'm dying to have a look

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hey, I forgot, Martin, have you gone with the big spoiler? How about you, GLA, did you?
Hi Professor, I've gone the wing spoiler with red centers like GLA but have also gone the black power decal. I optioned the power decal mainly because the sales person at the dealership said she'd never sold one (had been working there in sales for 6 years). Not sure what it'll look like with the hood stripes, if it looks crap I'll pull it (the decal). If it looks ok it'll individualise the car a little and add a bit of attitude. My opinion re these sort of cars is the more factory options you include the better the re-sale. I know the power decals are applied at the dealership but they are shown in the sales material as a genuine Holden option. Re-sale doesn't really matter if you don't intend to sell which I don't, but as we all know, shyt happens, usually when we least expect it.

GTR69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
PRODUCTION UPDATE:
So my MSE went into paint yesterday at 9:56am and came out of paint this morning at 8:30am. It is now sitting in GA body storage awaiting its allocation spot on the production line. Hopefully it gets picked to be built tomorrow, otherwise if not it will get built on Monday.

IP's have already started to get built in preparation for tomorrows 4 MSE's that will be built. The first one tomorrow to be built will be a Phantom Automatic and will wear build # 0006.

Pictures are of the ASRS (where cars sit before going to paint and after coming out of paint) and picture of the broadcast sheet for the IP of tomorrows first MSE.

These are photos of the EMS not ASRS (automatic storage retrieval system ) which utilises 2 cranes picking and placing cars into pigeon holes over 8 storeys high. Similar to coke machine but larger. The EMS is in the old paint shop and stores painted and unpainted bodies.

Jack-B

Reaction score
Members Ride
M/Sport
G'day All,

I have found out that my MSE will be finished on the 24th of May and Delivered to Canberra on the 29th...... So close now!
Sound like it may go into production early next week. It sounds as though it will be apart of the first models manufactured.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Beauty Supe! And thanks for yet another production line shot.
Incidentally, I'm in Adel fairly often, near Flinders Uni - can I expect to see 007 cruisin' past?
not likely as she will be tucked away in the shed.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some good data already coming to hand. If you know anyone that has ordered a MSE and hasn't registered or doesnt know about this link please tell them about it. Surely I'm not the only one in SA with a MSE. :)

Hey Super Coach.
Has there been much of a change to your magnificently informative charts.

Kiwikev4169

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze
Hi All,

I know there are a few who are looking at getting paint protection done once they've picked there car up, I'll be doing the same and as such got a proper quote today so thought I would share so anyone else who is doing this or is interested can see how much it is or how it compares to their quote.

So for full Opti Coat Pro & paint protection, including rims, Opti Glass pro (All glass surfaces), Opti Trim (all exterior plastics) Opti Guard Interior and full tints (3M Scotchtint Black 35%) for $1940 Inc GST.

I've also got a quote for insurance through Shannons, I'm 28, male, and live in an apartment with secure parking with 75k agreed value, $750 excess I'm looking at $2323.31 per year.