Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home Security Cameras

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Not only would that get your ass sued, and you renounced by your insurance company, but it will also get you ten years behind bars!

Under the CRIMES ACT 1958 - SECT 26:

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s26.html
Different times, different rules.
On that note though, back around 1982/83, I put a guy in hospital who I caught trying to steal my car.
The police for warned me that if the guy wanted to press charges, they would charge me with grievous bodily harm. (He had a broken nose, a dislocated shoulder, and bruised ribs)
Here’s the thing;- I had just gotten home from a night shift and taken off my boots, when my wife suddenly shouted there was a guy getting into our car. I ran outside, bare footed mind you, and approached the guy asking him what the f@#k was he doing in my car. (He was a thickset guy, about forty years old and seemingly well dressed). He replied that he had made a mistake, and that he had the same type of car. Now here’s the funny bit depending on how you look at it. My car was a 1974 Volvo 244DL and I’d recently re-sprayed it with a Ford colour called Terracotta. There was no way in the world there would have been any Volvo this colour, but mine.
So in my mind he has now made two mistakes, in trying to steal my car and then bullshitting me about having the same car. I then said to him, knowing my wife would be ringing the police at that moment, that he should give me his keys and that we will let the police sort it out.
Needless to say, he did not comply with my demand, so I head-butted him on the nose, consequently breaking it. Thinking that this would take the wind out of his sails so to speak, allowing me to grapple him to the ground and therefore make a citizen’s arrest, was an under-estimation! As he reeled backwards and before I could grab him, he suddenly came back at me with his car key protruding between the fore finger and index finger of his right hand in his fist, trying to punch me.

The ensuing fight didn’t end well for him as I described above. I eventually got him to the ground face down, where I pushed his arm so far up his back, it dislocated his shoulder.
The police arrived within a minute or so of me restraining the guy.
Conclusion. The guy’s car was parked up the road, it was a green British Leyland Princess or something.
Apparently he was visiting a neighbour opposite, it was Valentines Day and he’d left a gift on her doorstep. The police thought it might have been a bomb FFS!
He was apparently very confused, the police said he did also own a Volvo and he won’t be pressing charges, so I should think myself lucky.

Moral of the story:- Don’t f@#k with a terracotta coloured Volvo!

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
On that note though, back around 1982/83, I put a guy in hospital who I caught trying to steal my car.
The police for warned me that if the guy wanted to press charges, they would charge me with grievous bodily harm. (He had a broken nose, a dislocated shoulder, and bruised ribs)
Here’s the thing;- I had just gotten home from a night shift and taken off my boots, when my wife suddenly shouted there was a guy getting into our car. I ran outside, bare footed mind you, and approached the guy asking him what the f@#k was he doing in my car. (He was a thickset guy, about forty years old and seemingly well dressed). He replied that he had made a mistake, and that he had the same type of car. Now here’s the funny bit depending on how you look at it. My car was a 1974 Volvo 244DL and I’d recently re-sprayed it with a Ford colour called Terracotta. There was no way in the world there would have been any Volvo this colour, but mine.
So in my mind he has now made two mistakes, in trying to steal my car and then bullshitting me about having the same car. I then said to him, knowing my wife would be ringing the police at that moment, that he should give me his keys and that we will let the police sort it out.
Needless to say, he did not comply with my demand, so I head-butted him on the nose, consequently breaking it. Thinking that this would take the wind out of his sails so to speak, allowing me to grapple him to the ground and therefore make a citizen’s arrest, was an under-estimation! As he reeled backwards and before I could grab him, he suddenly came back at me with his car key protruding between the fore finger and index finger of his right hand in his fist, trying to punch me.

The ensuing fight didn’t end well for him as I described above. I eventually got him to the ground face down, where I pushed his arm so far up his back, it dislocated his shoulder.
Conclusion. The guy’s car was parked up the road, it was a green British Leyland Princess or something.
Apparently he was visiting a neighbour opposite, it was Valentines Day and he’d left a gift on her doorstep. The police thought it might have been a bomb FFS!
He was apparently very confused, the police said he did also own a Volvo and he won’t be pressing charges, so I should think myself lucky.

if this happened more often they might think twice.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Cement complete bottles upright along the wall-top there first, and photograph them. Not your fault if local vandals came and broke the "art installation" you created soon after, is it?
Screenshot_20230511-174012_Chrome.jpg

I guess you could try these from Bunnings

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Got to wonder how gangs get away with barbed wire around fences?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Got to wonder how gangs get away with barbed wire around fences?

The main ones that did this in Aussie land were M/C clubs.....It has now been made a law that if you are a member of a club, no more than 2 of them can be together at once.......So they have now dismantled these club houses....

And yes, they probably still associate with more than 2 members, but obviously very discretely....

Other gangs, don't seem to have a notible club house, let alone with barbed wire around it.....Then again, if they do, it doesn't seem to have hit the news

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

my late step father educated a bloke on why stealing out of the back of his DJ van as they were still loading it after a gig was a bad idea. Baseball bat & knee caps don't mix so well.

Then my boyfriends car got broken into when I was a teen, next day all my stuff & boyfriends stolen items were on the table when I got home...... step dad had put word to his pawn shop owning friends, and whomever dropped those items in, didn't leave under their own power.

I learnt dont mess with my step dad, and make sure you have friends everywhere :D