Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hoons cars being wrecked online

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
maybe they should change the current 3 strikes and govt sells your car to 3 strikes and govt crushes your car. would make more sense, and then it wont just feel like theyre screwing you out of money for themselves.
The government's money is our money, its not going to Mr Howard or Costello or any other polly. Just think of it this way, the hoons are being forced to donate their car to everybody else, the government is just ensuring the proceeds get collected and distributed fairly.
From an environmental point of view its not good to destroy what took a lot of energy to make and then use more energy in manufacture to replace it( as no doubt the hoons will eventually need to find alternative wheels after they get their licenses back)

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
I think drink drivers should be a 1 strike and bye bye car. Same as drug drivers.

i tottaly aggree but there also has to be mandatory rules not just case by case judgments

theres been a few cases were if they are high profile people they seem to get slapped on the wrist

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
this from what i can gather started up in the states first (crushing car laws) and the government has taken up the same approach here aswell, they also are thinking about replacing hand guns with tazzers which i think is in force in some parts of the country?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
i tottaly aggree but there also has to be mandatory rules not just case by case judgments

theres been a few cases were if they are high profile people they seem to get slapped on the wrist

I agree, i wouldnt mind the laws, if there was a uniform definition of what is classed as hooning and what is not. As im sure many people are aware there are so many different interpretations. The neighbours all complain to my mum that im a hoon because my stereo is loud comming down the street at 4 in the arvo. Does this mean because the biddies up the road think im a menace to society my car is to be crushed?

Is crushing someones car a resonable punishment for a chirp at the lights, or a bit of tyre screech around a corner? Hell no, but i guarantee you coppers have pulled people over and and punished them for it under the new hoon laws.

Like i said at the start of the post, get a clear cut definition which takes the police discrection out of the picture so we can have some uniformity in what is a hoon offence and what is not, and maybe then mr piggy can start crushing cars.

10000_fists

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP com
I think drink drivers should be a 1 strike and bye bye car. Same as drug drivers.
Along with they're licence.

I think that is a great idea, so good infact that they should also enforce it upon hoons as well.

But also i regards to hooning i think more has to be done in "prevention". Like they have a good basis now for the punishment of hoons and its only going to get better, yet the government has given no option of anywhere else, or any incentive for drivers to take such actions off the road and into a controlled environment.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
If the cops take my car and crush it, im gonna react the same as if some junkie stole it and torched it in the pines.

=SKB=

Reaction score
If the cops take my car and crush it, im gonna react the same as if some junkie stole it and torched it in the pines.

Cry?

I think this will only affect idiots. Though they should also introduce same laws for grannies that touch park off other peoples cars and generally annoy everyone.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Crushing cars is just wrong. Its just like the death penalty, just because something does something wrong, doesnt mean you should kill it. It just isnt the answer.

..But then again, I think the US still has the death penalty so what I just said doesnt apply to them :p