Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
looks good, maybe the lining would be easier to stick and do the edges if the logo was flatter as in a thin piece of mdf or something. or do roof lining as normal and glue on white material in logo pattern, then with ultra violet light the logo would light up at night. would look ok, only to the passengers though, no one outside would be able to see it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah i was gonna do it 2 tone, but in the end i had to think about whether or not it was going to hold up there. Its about half a CM of cardboard, and some foam that makes up the logo. Ive got a few ideas for when i next do it however. When i did this one i ****ed up twice, note for the future, get someone to help.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Very well dun.I have to do this on my son's VN as his is falling down on the top of the windscreen pass side.This is where he has a serious water leak aswell possible by sum to$$pot not re-fitting the windscreen correctly so it's coming out 2.Fixing the headlining was a job I was dreading.I'll fix rust np's, paint it & fix up anything mechanical but the thought of messing around with that pi$$es me off.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
just a thought......the plastic velcro clips that go into the mounts that come accross top off the roof, they are what let the cardboard sag, because the velcro gives way, maybe whilst the board is out, throw a couple more velcro clips on to add to the holding strength.

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
hmm how much would a role of suade cost?

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Can anyone recommend some decent spray on glue? They stuff i got from spotlight was pretty **** and doesnt stick very well.

shaness

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss 5.0
very good and detailed

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Can anyone recommend some decent spray on glue? They stuff i got from spotlight was pretty **** and doesnt stick very well.

I juss got sum contact adhesive from home hardware.... paint on for the foam and spray on for the material, i didn think it would hold cause it didnt seem too sticky but it hasnt budged (almost a year now). good luck wit it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

I used Selleys Kwik Grip Contact Adhesive. Its very strong, its heat and cold resistant, its about 20 bucks for a litre of so from Bunnings.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I used Selleys Kwik Grip Contact Adhesive. Its very strong, its heat and cold resistant, its about 20 bucks for a litre of so from Bunnings.

Yeah i used qwik grip to glue the foam to the cardboard, but i didnt want to use it to stick the fabric to the foam incase it soaked through. I used nearly 1 can of some **** spray adhesive first and that didnt work, so then i grabbed 2 cans on bostik spray and stick which has worked better, but i can see where it hasnt stuck down in a few places. Alot of the spray on glues seem to be temporary which doesnt really help. I might just have to pull the little bits up that havnt stuck and load them up with lots of glue again