Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

ojame

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore S Ute
Would not rely on that.

You'd have to be a fool to break the law when there are cars around anyway, especially when it's VE's and **** on your coat tail. (it was just a general sort of comment, i guess).

Vlt_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Calais Turbo, Vn Calais 5L
usually the bulky lights on the dash do it for me, and a couple of bigger aierals than usual

jakobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
There is an orange uc ute that patrols the highways IN VIC.
You would never pick it until it pulls u over.
Care

Warpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I just pulled into my driveway and had a marked police car pull up, officers said they wanted to check my car since there had been an "inquiry" into my VE Commodore. They were checking for Emergency Lights because I had an antenna on the rear window and a GPS mounted on dash (not windscreen)

All was OK as I gave them they keys and opened all doors and boot and told them to go for it... They were good about it and told me its procedure - kinda weird how this warrants such a check...

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I just pulled into my driveway and had a marked police car pull up, officers said they wanted to check my car since there had been an "inquiry" into my VE Commodore. They were checking for Emergency Lights because I had an antenna on the rear window and a GPS mounted on dash (not windscreen)

All was OK as I gave them they keys and opened all doors and boot and told them to go for it... They were good about it and told me its procedure - kinda weird how this warrants such a check...

Imitating Police is a SERIOUS offense so even if some noob who has no idea reports you, they have to follow it up. But who cares if you've done nothing wrong. :D

Warpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Imitating Police is a SERIOUS offense so even if some noob who has no idea reports you, they have to follow it up. But who cares if you've done nothing wrong. :D

Yup, and I made sure I highlighted that to them that I have zero intention of impersonation and if anything I would remove them if it caused offence. They left and seemed content, I was just a bit like WTF... but its all good.

hide-a-way

Reaction score
Members Ride
none
u cant hide

there are some cars n bikes that u will never know until u get pulled over some the locations i have been mounting led lights in cars ranging from ozzie to German cars,bikes,trail bikes. ktm now r fitted with front back led.its spin out some spot they ask us to fit red n blue lights and with new led technology there getting smaller

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
there are some cars n bikes that u will never know until u get pulled over some the locations i have been mounting led lights in cars ranging from ozzie to German cars,bikes,trail bikes. ktm now r fitted with front back led.its spin out some spot they ask us to fit red n blue lights and with new led technology there getting smaller

Lol. You only joined the site today, and you come out with that? You can't even spell.

You must work for the government. Your little 'scare tactic' isn't working.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I got pulled over recently for doing 76 in a 60, and the cops were driving some little Suzuki Swift looking hatchback thing, I was like um, really? You're really police? In that thing? I could have sped off and left them in the dust, and my car's only an NA lol.

They still fined me though. Dignity = gone.

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
i dont know about other states but most of our under covers in adelaide belong to cib and generally dont care about traffic situations, unless its blatenlty obvious, victor harbour road runs two under cover traffic bikes, no idea the model but my wrx out run them very quickly.... on a race track in japan of course.
they are red and blue but they usually have a sapol sticker on the helmet
but sa i personally seen sapol drive out of the kilburn lot with a blacvk monaro in the middle of summer and watched them entice drivers to race only to be done down the road by marked cars