Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
keep an eye out for white transit vans (or similar) with a number printed on the back. Something like P34696 in black. Seem to have a few of these around as camera cars

Lol vans now? You serious? Wow, really makes you double check your speed limit every 5 seconds when you see a car parked on the side of the road then you watch your rear view mirror hoping you don't get flashed. Honestly those 10 seconds of being paranoid is more likely to cause an accident. I've seen that many blokes be paranoid about cop cars that they constantly look in their mirrors and then nearly have a bumper to bumper accident as the car in front brakes for a light or something. Though i do love how the cars have this huge antenna hanging out of the bonnet which i assume sends the photo immediately back to the base so people dont get out and smash the camera car in anger :bang:

jimbojones889

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Executive Wagon
theres always a black unmarked cop car, holden commodore driving up and down south road between east boundary and nepean hwy moorabbin. always pulling people over for speeding there. really easy to spot. obvious lights back and front

Morgz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
There are no entrapment laws as such in Australia.
You got it man, the last pork chop that pulled me over was wearing fvcking red P Plates, never expected that.

Regarding the post about being booked for faded number plates, how did it pass the pinkslip if it wasnt legal, have had to get new plates for rego after failing that. Shouldnt be your fault, its the mechanics responsibility to point this out, how are you supposed to know pinkslip laws when you pay a mechanic to do it for you.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
it was a double lane hwy with a median strip that dropped from 70 to 60 and i was doin 100. big effin deal. i'd slowed down to 70 when they saw me so why would they tear my license up if they didnt see me goin that fast. i dont really care what u think aye so just keep it to yaself. ill go as fast as i am comfortable with if its in a safe are and if it gets me into trouble then thats my problem. stop havin a cry coz u drive like a nanna.

yeah...but still other people use the road...alot of people die from incidences that weren't caused by them...hence why everyone hates P platers...because they are notorious for causing situations like that (the small minority)

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Can't be bothered reading all 11 pages of the thread so if this has been said before excuse me.

In brissy there are d cars (what we call undercovers) everywhere. They have some that are easy to spot, like a silver aurion with really dark tint. Then there are others that you'd have no idea. Theres a few year old blue navara with a white canopy, a light blue vt wagon I've seen a few times now. But mostly the Ds we see here are aurions and camrys, only see a handful of commodores or falcons.

I think the only way you can spot a d (unless its day time), is by the way they drive. Eventually you can get a pretty idea of the way they drive, they don't stay in one spot in traffic for long, etc. They don't often have steelies anymore, most i see have the factory alloys.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OR you can see them when they've just parked at Maccas to go eat! And THAT'S when you get in your illegal lowered car and drive off [just as they're going into maccas]. Hmm, deja vu LOL, happened to me tonight :) But theirs was a marked divvy. People gave me weird looks thinking i was an unmarked as i was leaving LOL :whistling

Oh yea, a BIT of a rant! But people, dont f**king decrease your speed when you see a cop in the mirror! That pisses them off even more! And pisses me off too! The amount of people that slow down to 40 in a 60 or 70 zone because they think my car's a cop car is bloody ridicoulous! [/RANT]

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
by the time you spot them, if you are doing anything illegal, they have got you anyway.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Up until November last year i didn't get pulled over once or waived into a booze bus. Then late novemeber i got pulled over [not randomly] but wasn't charged because i argued. Then i got pulled over a few weeks ago for speeding, again luck enough to talk down the speeding fine so i didn't get an instant loss of licence. Other than that nothing at all, i've managed to also get someone else pulled over and defected, that was fun. :yeah:
For the person who gave me bad rep about that i never said i dobbed them in! They were the idiots who decided to speed to catch up to me after being stuck behind slow cars. They were the ones who sped past the cop car to catch up because they thought they were in a drag with me. Theres a little more to it, but that's all that you need to know. But i didn't "dob" them in. And plus, if they weren't driving a defectable vehicle they would've just copped a speeding fine, and been on their way.

Yes i broke the law, admitted it and dealt with it, even dealt with the consequences. Argued was probably the wrong word to use, wasn't arguing, was proving to the cop it would be a bad move to fine me in November and would involve a lot more work for him.

Heres the copy of the rep comment, if you are wondering if it's you i'm replying to:
You break the law and dob in others,wanker

Next time leave a name so i can PM you straight. Cowards do that without posting a name.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
And plus, if they weren't driving a defectable vehicle they would've just copped a speeding fine, and been on their way.

Must be different out your way. In SA you can get defected even if your car is 100% legal!