Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot pursuit rims - does anyone know?

L

Laila

Hi There

I have been told lots of different things about pursuit rims and I just want to clarify a couple of things -

1. They are wider than normal rims, for cornering, yes? (what are the dimensions?)
2. Are they silver in colour, while normal Holden rims are black?

Laila

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
i think on the Bt1s they got the 7 inch wide chasers....not much differs from chasers u find on a bt1 and a normal commodore there cheap thats about the only thing going for em lol

L

Laila

Yeah, they are cheap, but I didn't buy them, they came with my car.

I have just been looking around at other VY's and lots have black rims under the hubcaps, and I have only seen a few with silver (like mine - which is an ex police vehicle)

I was just trying to work out if you could tell for sure by the colour on a VY - black or silver?

Hmmm....:confused:

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
The true interceptor rims are a 15x7. Standard Holden rims are slightly narrower I think they are 15x6.

Officially the colour coding is that the interceptor rims are silver and the standards are black, but hey...a can of spray paint takes care of that.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Its stamped on the rim edge. Will have 15x7J from memory.
AirStrike :air:

L

Laila

I ask because I have them, and I'm not really sure what makes them different.

All I know is a bunch of young guys were looking at my car at the lights the other day and ducking down in the back seat, acting dodgy etc,

I had a suit on and I figure they must have thought I was an undercover cop...

Would be cool to get some knowledge so I can spot cops too....:D

F

foammedia

You can get the 15x7 interceptors in black or silver, you can even buy a whole set of them with tires for $400 :) at Holden

L

Laila

So there is no real way of telling by looking at them briefly on the road then?

Rims behind a set of hub cap covers could be regular Holden black rims or silver - or a police black or silver pursuit issue set....

bummer....thought I might be able to learn a cool trick...:unsure:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i always thought they were just the same as stock silver commo rims.. they just happen to use them on police cars because there better looking than black ones.. i got 4 with tyres and caps for $50 from the guys at kmart auto.. they hav alot ov crap they chuck out or pay to get rid ov they gave me like 40 chrome wheel nuts aswell.. id hav them on right now but i lost my locknut adapter and hav to multygrip them off:(

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
the intercepter rim is not nothing special anymore they are the same rim as what is on all stock utes. 15x7in. only ex police commodores have these unless they have been changed by the owner. all vn to current so far run 15x6 from the factory. i think.