Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot pursuit rims - does anyone know?

R

RKZ234

daveb8 said:
i want to know how much they pay for an exec/ss considering how many they buy.

They don't actually buy them in Vic or NSW any more. (Not sure about other states)

Victoria leases their vehicles from the Commonwealth Bank and has done so for quite a few years. The Police Pack Vehicles are made by Holden for a Govt contract price. In Vic, some other Govt Departments. ie Vic Roads, Ambulance Service, CFA & MFESB also use Police Pack Commodores.

Some sneaky car yards try to sell ex Vic Police vehicles as Ex Commonwealth Bank vehicles. I've seen it many times.

wogshsv307

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive unmarked
vz executive sedan unmarked cars

hi guys i recently bought a odyssey vz executive sedan from the auctions in melbourne i checked the id plates and had fe2 suspension i noticed the back tyres were wider than the front and had 4 power windows and reverse sensors so to clarify so what i have bought is a ex detective car/unmarked car the interceptors were silver also i believe its is an ex unmarked car i can tell by the stance of the vehicle the suspension and usually the colour of the car because from what i know in vic the unamrked execs are in vespers blue odyssey martini green shanghai red quicksilver and heron white so to put my mind at ease am i right in saying that my car was an ex unmarked detective car thanks

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
hi guys i recently bought a odyssey vz executive sedan from the auctions in melbourne i checked the id plates and had fe2 suspension i noticed the back tyres were wider than the front and had 4 power windows and reverse sensors so to clarify so what i have bought is a ex detective car/unmarked car the interceptors were silver also i believe its is an ex unmarked car i can tell by the stance of the vehicle the suspension and usually the colour of the car because from what i know in vic the unamrked execs are in vespers blue odyssey martini green shanghai red quicksilver and heron white so to put my mind at ease am i right in saying that my car was an ex unmarked detective car thanks

Just check the your books,our xcop BA has Dawson rd police station as the first owner.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Interceptors first came out in the VL,they were 15x6 not 15x7.The 7in rim didnt come out until about VT.Black or silver,hey its just a colour.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
theres actually a recall on the ve interceptor rims, theres been cases of cracking under stress, everyone thinks interceptor rims are cool untill they stop being tite arses and buy rims for there car, you then realise how crap they really look

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Where did this stupid "interceptor" name come from, anyway? Police vehicles with standard rims were just that - standard production cars, fitted with various heavy duty components which were also available as options to the general public. Some special electrical fitments were included, but I'm sure the "interceptor" rim is just some wanky name for the standard, perforated steel rim that was fitted to Execs/Omegas.

If the idea is that the wheels were special strengthened rims fitted to Highway Patrol vehicles only, think again. In NSW at least, early V8 Commodores were only up-graded Execs and the wheels were the standard 15 inch Exec wheels with a better standard of tyre fitted. It wasn't until the VY that NSW Police started purchasing the SS for HWP work. Prior to that, the wheels, which seem to be the ones called "Interceptors" were nothing more than basic steel rims.

Interceptor - duhh!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Originally 'interceptor' wheels (metal/drilled) were standard on the Calais range prior to the fitment of alloy wheels. In other words, they were the 'dress' or 'sports' choice of 'the day. Police specified them because they were 15" when mostly everything else was 14" standard.