Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] HSV XU6 P-Plate legal again in Vic..... Kinda

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
it would be a lot safer to go with the s/c calais or s-pac than the HSV cause they are gonna find any way to slap a big red DENIED on the form unfortunatly :( good luck with it all.....maybe send off a trial one soon and just test the waters and see what they come back with

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
thats it mate, and if he cant book you for one thing he will definantly find another! only thing that could save you is if they arnt highway patrol they may not know much.

LKC this would be amazing if you could get it wow....

2001 HSV XU6 Base VX II Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294959238 4294965530&silo=1011

LKC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Aclaim
yeah thats a awesome car I wish i could afford it now.

I guess they will book you for something but I would rather not drive a car that would give them something to book me for and be nice as pie to them so they dont want to book me. After stories from friends I always make sure im on my best behavior when ever i go to the western suburbs as I have been told they are tougher out there. Might also help that I'm very yes sir, no sir, to bags full sir when ever im around cops.

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
Yer she's a beauty love the kit on them! One day perhaps....

Haha are you from out west? Yer you just gotta keep am eye out for em and be smart about when your gonna be a bit heavy footed haha....

XU6 100% POSSITIVE

What do you mean mate? You can have a XU6? Haha

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
nuh man haha I was sayin to LKC that im positively sure that my mates car is a HSV XU6 and he only just got his P's in VIC :)

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Has he been pulled over yet?

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
wow that would be amazing if it was all legal....did he get the exemption or just driving it without?

they wouldnt be the easiest thing to keep under the radar with all the decals as long as the cop knew his stuff he'd be ####ed, s/c spac would be a bit easier.....my mate drove for his last year with a VZ SS and just badged it and didnt get caught but he was pretty lucky on a few occasions

LKC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Aclaim
wow driving a SS on your P's thats brave. even if it is de badged. Then again its probably alot safer than the jap coupes that p platers drive with huge turbos.

to answer the question. I live in Essendon (dont know if you would consider that west) but have been driving in the western suburbs quite a bit recently.

I remember back in school when we all looked upto the yr 12s who would drive their modded VS SS's and VL Turbos to school and wished we could be like them. how different it ended up I got my license 2 years after leaving school and was almost 20. got my P's in july this year and turn 20 next month