Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I took a look at the only ZB my dealer had, a red povo pack. It was really horrible, and looks so much like an astra inside.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
20180222_174849.jpg
2015_Holden_Insignia_(GA_MY15.5)_VXR_sedan_(20104110092).jpg
I really dont get the upright vents as opposed to the horizontal ones

I agree with you on that. Also if we look closely at the vertical slots, the reinforcement bar cuts through the top half of slot, so it was a whimsy flick of the stylists pen that an engineer had to make real with some matt black paint. Embarrassing to see.

These cars (the top one) look like they want to be Commodores, the one that is in the showrooms wants to be a Mazda.
images

Last edited:

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
We just got our first one put on the car yard today and I had my first drive in it. I obviously disliked the looks of it instantly. Reluctantly I did take it for a spirited drive. Sounds terrible, looks terrible and doesn't even feel great to drive, it's not really bad to drive, but not as good as its been worked up to feel. The only good thing about it is for a 2.0 litre, it goes pretty well. I think its the 9 speed auto that makes it feel pretty punchy, otherwise it's a slightly larger and uglier astra with a little bit more get up and go.

Nothing exciting in my mind, and seeing the commodore badge on the back had my blood boiling to be honest.The twin turbo AWD 6 will be very fast obviously, but, it will still be ugly, and not a commodore in anyway.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
^ No twin turbo 6 Zhac. Just N/A V6 AWD.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I agree with you on that. Also if we look closely at the vertical slots, the reinforcement bar cuts through the top half of slot, so it was a whimsy flick of the stylists pen that an engineer had to make real with some matt black paint. Embarrassing to see.
Thanks for rotating that Insignia, dropbox seems to like being awkward with the way it uploads pics.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
He's going to be even more disappointed now

That is the second time Zak has mentioned the twin turbo, and the second time he has been pulled up on it, I wonder if he knows something we don’t.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
That is the second time Zak has mentioned the twin turbo, and the second time he has been pulled up on it, I wonder if he knows something we don’t.

I been in and driven the ZB VXR. Trust me, It has no turbo..

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I took a look at the only ZB my dealer had, a red povo pack. It was really horrible, and looks so much like an astra inside.

By you describing a red povo pack, I assume you mean a base model LT? If so, then have a look at a base model VFII Evoke and see how plain it looks inside, like the inside of a Malibu.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I been in and driven the ZB VXR. Trust me, It has no turbo..
I think the inference was that there was an upcoming performance version.
:)
The inference was tongue-in-cheek though, 'cos especially with the Insignia not really being something PeugeotRenaulFeugoNissanCitroen being all that excited about, it ain't happening.