Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Islamist Extremists must be stopped!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't think Abbott's comparison is that wide of the mark. Naziism sought to rid Europe of the Jews and it wasn't widely known until the Allies reached deep into Germany that full details of their atrocities were realized.

ISIL on the other hand is quite proud to advertise their inhumanity. And it appears they are quite effectively clearing Syria of just about everybody with the huge numbers fleeing to Europe.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I dont see the issue with the comparison either.

Both groups are looking to "cleanse" the planet. The Nazis sought to destroy the Jews and ISIS is looking to destroy anyone who doesnt bow to their take on Islam.

They are publically demonstrating their methods of torture and methods of killing, which are arguably, as bad as the Nazis methods.

The only difference is its not as big a number. Do we wait for the number to reach the hundreds of thousands? Millions? Before we can actually say ok theyre like Nazis?

Are we really that politically correct that we cant vilify these scum of the earth murders with the brush they deserve because they havent committed mass genocide on the scale of Hilter yet?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Are we really that politically correct that we cant vilify these scum of the earth murders with the brush they deserve because they havent committed mass genocide on the scale of Hilter yet?

Unfortunately too much of society is.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Double post....stupid internet.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I think it is important to differentiate between ISIS and normal everyday Islam. Your normal everyday practicing muslim in the west is like your normal everyday christian. They have a religion, but don't use it to raise hell. They use their religion as a way to help themselves and others through charitable deeds. But I'm sure you all know that ;)

ISIS is another thing all together. They take everything in the koran 110% literally and they read other things into the koran that even the most fundamentalist of muslims in the west think are ridiculous.

Extremist Muslims must be stopped indeed. But there are also Extremist jews and christians who preach hate, albeit the threat may not be as great.

Bear in mind the backlash over Abbotts comments was led by the Jewish lobby. The zionist lobby we can thank for the formation of Israel, the biggest geopolitical blunder of the 20th Century. As someone with Jewish ancestry, whose ancestors fled the pogroms of Tsarist Russia I am not offended by Abbots remarks, but do bear in mind a strategy of impotent right-wing governments is to rely on national security to boost poll numbers, and as such may over emphasise any national security threat. George Dubbya was a natural at this.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I think it is important to differentiate between ISIS and normal everyday Islam. Your normal everyday practicing muslim in the west is like your normal everyday christian. They have a religion, but don't use it to raise hell. They use their religion as a way to help themselves and others through charitable deeds. But I'm sure you all know that ;)

ISIS is another thing all together. They take everything in the koran 110% literally and they read other things into the koran that even the most fundamentalist of muslims in the west think are ridiculous.

Extremist Muslims must be stopped indeed. But there are also Extremist jews and christians who preach hate, albeit the threat may not be as great.

Bear in mind the backlash over Abbotts comments was led by the Jewish lobby. The zionist lobby we can thank for the formation of Israel, the biggest geopolitical blunder of the 20th Century. As someone with Jewish ancestry, whose ancestors fled the pogroms of Tsarist Russia I am not offended by Abbots remarks, but do bear in mind a strategy of impotent right-wing governments is to rely on national security to boost poll numbers, and as such may over emphasise any national security threat. George Dubbya was a natural at this.

Do you really believe what you write? Or is it to try and incite heated discussion or argument? Both your posts in this thread I wanted to have a go at! But I choose to ask calmly if you're deliberately seeking such responses.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I think Bear in mind the backlash over Abbotts comments was led by the Jewish lobby. The zionist lobby we can thank for the formation of Israel, the biggest geopolitical blunder of the 20th Century. As someone with Jewish ancestry, whose ancestors fled the pogroms of Tsarist Russia I am not offended by Abbots remarks, but do bear in mind a strategy of impotent right-wing governments is to rely on national security to boost poll numbers, and as such may over emphasise any national security threat. George Dubbya was a natural at this.

I'm like Raj on this one because of the final paragraph of your post.

Yes, it was the Jewish lobby that kicked up the stink, but the Jewish community seems determined to never let humanity forget what happened in the Holocaust, and don't appreciate any sort of comparisons with it. To them, understandably, it was the greatest crime committed against any race in the history of mankind. Perhaps they are right.

But the current situation in Syria is unlike anything experienced since WWII. If news reports are accurate, massive numbers of people are fleeing the country to escape ISIS. Huge numbers are also fleeing African nations because of militant Islamic elements. They may not be truly Islamic but are using that religion as a cover for psychopathic mass murder.

Next point.

To say that we have an impotent government is a bit rich, too. Why can't the government get its legislation through? Ask Shorten.

And what would things be like in Australia today, had this government's policies not been so successful in dealing with people smuggling? How many people presently fleeing Syria and other nations, might have had their eyes on Australia had the "sugar still been on the table"? That 50,000 during Labor might have been chicken feed if their policies had still been in place.

Using national security as a smokescreen for their failings also fails as an argument. This denialism of what is happening around the world seems common to those with leftist leanings. You are suggesting that the threat to our security is an exaggeration?

I'll take a government that treats world events seriously any day over one which is more concerned with "protecting jobs" than protecting lives.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I'm like Raj on this one because of the final paragraph of your post.

Yes, it was the Jewish lobby that kicked up the stink, but the Jewish community seems determined to never let humanity forget what happened in the Holocaust, and don't appreciate any sort of comparisons with it. To them, understandably, it was the greatest crime committed against any race in the history of mankind. Perhaps they are right.

But the current situation in Syria is unlike anything experienced since WWII. If news reports are accurate, massive numbers of people are fleeing the country to escape ISIS. Huge numbers are also fleeing African nations because of militant Islamic elements. They may not be truly Islamic but are using that religion as a cover for psychopathic mass murder.

Next point.

To say that we have an impotent government is a bit rich, too. Why can't the government get its legislation through? Ask Shorten.

And what would things be like in Australia today, had this government's policies not been so successful in dealing with people smuggling? How many people presently fleeing Syria and other nations, might have had their eyes on Australia had the "sugar still been on the table"? That 50,000 during Labor might have been chicken feed if their policies had still been in place.

Using national security as a smokescreen for their failings also fails as an argument. This denialism of what is happening around the world seems common to those with leftist leanings. You are suggesting that the threat to our security is an exaggeration?

I'll take a government that treats world events seriously any day over one which is more concerned with "protecting jobs" than protecting lives.

If government policies weren't so 'controversial' and a bit more realistic and sold better to the populace they might get passed by the senate.

Due to proximity I'd say they bulk of refugees would still be going to Europe. I do appreciate we can't have a 'blank cheque' regarding asylum seekers and just roll out the welcome mat to all and sundry but we probably could be doing more. The sheer amount of 'unofficial' asylum seeker trips globally suggests the humanitarian system in general is broken and needs prompt rectification by all stakeholders involved.

Security exaggerated? We had 800 police involved in raids last year and all that was achieved, from memory, was a weapons charge. Quieter than a typical weekend in Cowra!

Apart from stopping the boats (which has variable accuracy and morality, depending on which way you see things), what has this current govt actually done? Better economy? no. Better education? no. Better infrastructure? hardly. Time for 10 flag Tony to do another press conference lol jk.....

But lest we derail this threat let's keep ongoing discussion about this ridiculous joke of a govt to the politics thread, shall we?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
your argument is so flawed

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
I have a question.... Does anyone on here actually knows the word "Islam" means?

Let me enlighten you all.... "Islam اسلام Submission" The Meaning of Islam... So we have a "Religion" that by it's own definition demands from its followers submission and obedience... with no free will... or else.

FFS, this is not a Religion but a sect based on intimidation, cruelty, fear and ruthless reprisal to anyone that does not "Submit". ISLAM...:upyours: and your followers.