Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

issues, drama's

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
point made above... isn't the pub the same as the shout out section really?

Both for pointless chatter?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
the pub is for stuff not relating to cars. ( mostly pointless crap )
the shout out secdtion is for b.s. ( all pointless crap )

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ok im gonna say this here rather than startign a new thread

the non jc events could we possibly get that as a sticky for each region im sick of going in there and seeing "CRUISE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!" or what ever but not saying a location im just thinking maybe if there was like a sub section if it can be done in all the regions so then "CRUISE THIS WEEKEND!!!!" could be posted and with no hassle ????

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
ok im gonna say this here rather than startign a new thread

the non jc events could we possibly get that as a sticky for each region im sick of going in there and seeing "CRUISE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!" or what ever but not saying a location im just thinking maybe if there was like a sub section if it can be done in all the regions so then "CRUISE THIS WEEKEND!!!!" could be posted and with no hassle ????
Thread titles can always be changed........ drop me or another mod a PM if you ever need this done. I do think having a common thread in each state is a good idea for short notice cruises, but remember all non-jc stuff must go in the approriate non-jc section.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
that still only half eliminates the problem im with you with the common thread in each section cause how often is someone going to pm for a title change its no use to them after they read it to find out where and what state its in it makes the whole point come back up again of having to chase it through and would only be useful if they were to keep checking it (which im sure most if not some memorise subcontiously the title already)

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Well we need to come up with something. Even if we ban cruises being posted up in the state sections unless they are approved first for appropriate relevant information. It shits me to no end as well to have to find out where and when a cruise is by reading through the post. I have amended several titles after extracting the information necessary.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Well we need to come up with something. Even if we ban cruises being posted up in the state sections unless they are approved first for appropriate relevant information. It shits me to no end as well to have to find out where and when a cruise is by reading through the post. I have amended several titles after extracting the information necessary.

Make members follow a format for the thread title like in "For Sale" with a warning if not followed, etc.

More moderator work I know but any kind of order needs enforcement to work.

I hope to have a system worked out for the Qld section very soon... will be interesting to see if it works! :)

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
There needs to be an understanding b/wn mods of what is and what isnt acceptable. I called someone a tool back in a post made in May and got positive rep points from a mod. A certain someone called someone else a "tosser" and a mod banned him. I know there are alot of things behind the scenes that may have contributed to this, but we have got to get some clarification.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i agree but with mods being interstate it would make it hard for them to effectivly commuicate

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There needs to be an understanding b/wn mods of what is and what isnt acceptable. I called someone a tool back in a post made in May and got positive rep points from a mod. A certain someone called someone else a "tosser" and a mod banned him. I know there are alot of things behind the scenes that may have contributed to this, but we have got to get some clarification.

When it comes to abuse it is all about context. Obviously the tool that you called a tool was a tool but the tosser was not.

Reaper