Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jacking up a Redline

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I like the look of the threaded adjustable type. I have 2 pair of the ratchet type but seeing as my driveway isn't flat they are a pain to use.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Sad that it seems you need to check a recall site before buying something :oops:

Another QC fail but hopefully bad stock was pulled and new stuff actually meets AS(bla bla).
I bet there are thousand that have been sold and the buyer does not know the recall. Does anyone know the reason what they were recalled because I have two ratchet types at home (Aldi PRC) Yes the twin pin ones are ok but at the same time we had at work before I retired sheer pins that was rated for 5000 kg but yet that broke around 3000kg or under. Yes they were made in PRC. I dont care what types of stands I use but will always have a second method too keep the car up, "eg" working the rear of the car with two stands either side but I have a floor jack on the diff touching just in case.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Does anyone know the reason what they were recalled
When they had a load on them the locking mechanism would slip (let go) & the load would come down. (that was the reason, l think l read, maybe here on this site)?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
When they had a load on them the locking mechanism would slip (let go) & the load would come down. (that was the reason, l think l read, maybe here on this site)?
Yes, because they were made poorly of cheese.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
eeEEK that's bad!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I have alloy pin style stands fron total tools TTI brand they work great at home with my bluepoint alloy jack. You dont get distortion at the pin holes like on steel ones. They're so light I can lift two with one hand and walk that way with the jack in the other hand.

I used to have a areoflow engine stand which bent with a 304 I now have a TTI stand and it has not bent yet.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Build quality, design and the type of materials used is important when choosing a product to lift a heavy weight but knowing how to use jack stands can also save your life.

Some tips on usage and the pros and cons of pin versus ratchet.

http://besttorquewrenches.com/jack-stands/

Here is a video of fellow testing a racket stand to determine if it can be made to fail.