Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
There is only so much training that can be done by a chalk board.....The rest must be hands on, no matter the job.

Some of these skilled tradies aren't competant enough to train people, they shouldn't be working in that industry....

A portion of training within some industries is safety....If a tradie can't identify and advise against unsafe ways of doing things, they shouldn't be there, because they can kill themselves and/or others around them
The tech system was proven very successful, till it was decimated with howards vandalism and stripped of funding (because the private sector can do things cheaper :rolleyes:). We are now paying the price with high prices for work done and low numbers of tradesmen. That is one of the things playing into expensive and mostly unattainable housing. Keeping wages low for nearly a generation has also impacted house affordability. Was it a planned outcome from corrupt and greedy conservatives or just pure stupidity?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Another broken promise. The new Nats government said it was going to get all these "roads of national significance" going this term....

You really have to wonder what National did in opposition for 6 years? 6 years to formulate plans and policy and still today, 4+ months after the election and they haven't even started their planning. They will be lucky if they have anything started by the end of their 3 year term.

Poor ******* management from a government that prides itself on good fiscal management.

I also find it interesting that they spent 6 years bitching about Labour and their consultants and committees and yet now, for a lot of **** they themselves are using consultants and committees because they actually have no idea or plan. Bunch of hypocrites.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I always thought part of being a tradie was passing on your knowledge to apprentice's. Just like an unwritten rule of the trade.
I done my trade as a baker, And anyone willing to learn I was happy to help them. Because it's better for the industry.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The tech system was proven very successful, till it was decimated with howards vandalism and stripped of funding (because the private sector can do things cheaper :rolleyes:). We are now paying the price with high prices for work done and low numbers of tradesmen. That is one of the things playing into expensive and mostly unattainable housing. Keeping wages low for nearly a generation has also impacted house affordability. Was it a planned outcome from corrupt and greedy conservatives or just pure stupidity?
So why didn't Rudd-Gillard-Rudd fix it?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

The issue with housing affordability, is and only supply.
People's wages have nothing to do with it.
If you increase wages so people can afford houses, it will only increase the price adding to inflation.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It is funny how I read about trades people complaining about apprentices, with training and other parts, yet how did these trades people become trade people? An internet course.

I'm no tradie, but have taught people my job....It can be frustrating, but everyone has to start somewhere....

You know how I became a tradesman?
I did what my boss and the other guys told me to do, I shut my mouth, put my head down and worked.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Exactly. So you’re relying on the benevolence of tradies to a certain extent to train the next generation of tradies. A lot of them won’t bother with it because they don’t have to and just leave it to “someone else“.

I've trained a few over the years, I've had one that stayed and finished his trade.
The only other one that came close and she should have her ticket in my view was a female.
She is in the public service now.
I will never work with another female tradesperson, there is a whole raft of issues with that.