Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Small update:

Did a formal drop off for a friend and his partner last night. Around 4hrs detailing and she came up really nice.

R

Risky

That's a nice shade of blue. I bet the photos don't do the colour justice.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's a nice shade of blue. I bet the photos don't do the colour justice.

I have fallen in love with the Impulse Blue since owning this car. Only having owned Hermitage Grey and Quicksilver previously, decided a change was in order. The rest of my family own white, silver and grey cars.

And yes Risky, for the time spent on the car for my mate and his partner's moment, it certainly shined bright. I was told it was the best entrance out of a 100+ plus kids. Very, very happy with the outcome but now she is dirty again.

R

Risky

Every time I take pics of my ute, it always looks a different shade of blue. My Grand Vitara is metallic quasar grey which is a good colour. Most of the Holdens I've owned or driven as work cars have been white.

Which reminds me since I got my ute back from it's respray in August, I need to do a professional clean.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update:

So after a large amount of research and in preparation for the Clubsport's next service interval, I've done a little shopping.

Penrite 10Tenths Racing 10
10W-40 Full Synthetic engine oil and a K&N High Performance oil filter KNHP-1007. With Autobahn having the weekend sale on oils, I quickly snapped it up.

In regards to the previous service history, the Clubsport had been serviced with Penrite Enrivo Plus 10W-40 with genuine GM oil filters. I will also conduct an oil analysis and filter inspection come service day for a more thorough insight. Current oil pressure is within spec between 30-40psi under normal operating conditions, nothing abnormal at all. I will also check the amount of oil in the catch can.

Quick comparison for any interested parties.
Enviro: ENVIRO+ 10W-40 (Full Synthetic)

Racing10:
RACING 10W-40 (100% PAO ESTER)

KNHP-1007:
K&N part HP-1007 information

Stay tuned for the analysis and follow up reporting. And feel free to ask any questions.

R

Risky

I've used Penrite in my other vehicles in the past. I'll be interested in the Racing 10.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've used Penrite in my other vehicles in the past. I'll be interested in the Racing 10.

I've used various brands of oils and types throughout my trade and personal life. But I prefer Penrite, as they are Australian owned and operated. I've used both Penrite mineral and full synthetic 20W-60 types on my Ecotec VR ute and Penrite Everyday on the VZ SV6. Never, ever had a drama with Penrite.

Oils ain't oils, but it's all up to personal preferences.