Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a new exhaust system for my SS

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah I've got a 2.5inch staino xforce catback with 1 3/4 Tri-y genie headers and 200cell high flow cats on a 2012 VE SSV ute manual, so drone is very little to none, sounds pretty good imo, and a few others have said it sounds good too, and not too loud once it's warmed up unless you boot it, anyway, you can just changed down to 4th for a better sound :D or change up to 6th and shouldn't drone as much

Utes don't drone......

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
With the wrong system they do drone. I took an X Force off a ute not that long ago because the owner couldn't stand the drone. Fitted a Manta and he was very happy. VE SSV auto with hard cover.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
if you had actually read it, i said "drone is very little to none"
besides im the one driving it, not you

And as I said "Utes don't drone" when fitted with a decent exhaust system....

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
And as I said "Utes don't drone" when fitted with a decent exhaust system....

Alright, everyone has there own opinion on exhaust systems, when I bought my xforce exhaust it was more of an impulse buy, just so I can have a system put on (don't 100% regret it now), but if I had more money and patience at the time I would have gone with a different system, probly a manta, KPM or difillipo. At the moment I'm happy with my system, if I'm bothered I may change it out later down the track.
What system do u have?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
3" DPE Bi-modal on the Maloo, and the Maloo 2.5" Bi-modal system on the Redline, with the Bi-modal valves open.

Both utes have hard lids, both A6's.

I've driven many VE utes with performance exhausts, and none have droned, compared to sedans and especially family trucksters.

Never driven a ute with an X-Force fitted, as no one I know owns one. But I've driven a few sedans with them fitted, and they've droned like f#ck...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
What reasonably priced full exhaust system can people recommend for a VE SS sedan? DiFilippo are the best aren't they but the most expensive?

I currently have an x-force cat back exhaust (not sure if it is 2.5" or 3") and it drones a little too much for my liking.