Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering A Vl Commodore

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
When u lower you ride, it changes your camper angle, do you know what your camper angel is?

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
kinda... i know it'll wear the inside of ya tyres...
but thats bout all i know.. tell me more

pics would b good?

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
just bought my 88 vl my mechanic said its one of the cleanest hese seen and i want to lower her. the setups stock and the strut towers have absoultly no domeing.. when their hard the tops get a dome or even cracks but this has none. if i lower her change the swaybars shoks springs make her low and tight will i start the damage? will a strut brace fix this problem?? and as the post above me was asking how low will i go b4 i need a camber kit??

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
***bump***

woo hoo my first bump!
yes.. i was a bump virgin.. and not ashamed!

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
how did the lowering job turn out for ya?

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
The VL I bought came with cut springs.. one popped out of place n minced my tyre.. so they are all KingSpring Lows now.. ;)

lockie.c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5SP wagon
how much will kingspring low's lower my stock VL? the roads around here arent that great so i dont want it too low, but i still i want it to look good

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
everyone seems to talk bout struts, springs, shockers,bushes etc...
yet no1 talks about camber kits?

EVERY suspension place i've been to has insisted on camber kits when lowering... why is that? i dnt give a **** coz my tyres cost me stuff all n i dnt do a lot of driving. also a mate who installed a camber kit on his front-end told me it ruined his over-all steering when driving..

any thoughts?

I think you are getting confused with VP onwards IRS Commodores. No need to fit a camber kit to the rear of a live axle car as they are non-adjustable. You may need an adjustable panhard rod depending on how low you go. They are easily installed.

Reaper

***ahhh ******* WTF digs up these old threads ffs!:bang:

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
lol , interesting thread . I've been thinking about upgrading the suspention in my VL even though it's only a work car at the moment i would like to turn it into a project car once i get some spare cash and the suspension is first thing i'd like to replace .

I curently have the county pack type springs and as u can imagine the car sits realy high and is as rough as guts to ride in lol , I want replace the springs with superlow King springs but not sure what shock i should use with the new springs

In regards to strut tops (I think thats what the're called) on the front would it be worth replacing them with fully adjustable ones ? And the Z bars or radias rod thingys , is it worth replacing them with stronger aftermarket items. . . ?

Last edited: