Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering A Vl Commodore

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
hey max power

i recomend pedders strut tops..there fully adjustable and make a world of diffrence in all aspects to how the car handles.steer clear of k-mac ones as they have a tendancy to fail and the resultant damage beaing a strut top thru ur bonnet..pedders ones wont fail like this.

as for the radius rods..no point of replacing them unless ur curent ones are bent..there is no(to my knowledge) larger radius rods available on the market.

hope tht helps

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
hey max power

.steer clear of k-mac ones as they have a tendancy to fail and the resultant damage beaing a strut top thru ur bonnet..pedders ones wont fail like this.

as for the radius rods..no point of replacing them unless ur curent ones are bent..there is no(to my knowledge) larger radius rods available on the market.

hope tht helps

Cheers starfire vc . lol i was verry close to buying a K-mac set this morning on ebay , good thing i didn't . a while ago my brother mentioned something about larger/stronger radius rods on his VL giving better braking or something ? he could be talking sh!t too , I'l ask him when he comes home next . sorry for all the questions but What kind of shocks do u guys reconmend useing with super low king springs ? i want shocks that will help the car hug the road and grip better in corners .

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
no worries

i was lookin into larger/stronger radius rod but were told by a few places they dont make em?? i'll look into it a bit more

as far as shocks go.ive got ultra lows in atm and using pedders lowered shocks to suit..havnt had any dramas with them,

LIMIS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Commodore
Hey... Does anyone know what the original height is before you lower it?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
I lowered mine the cheap way the old Chop factor
The fronts u can do without taking the springs out...
Jack her up tyre off and just get 2 spring compressors. then attack it with a 4" grinder with a cut off wheel. takes no time. reposition spring and take her off the jack.
I know its not good to cut the springs but its Cheap and sits nice.
Good luck