Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
lol, of coarse 400 is possible. Heck, so is 600 rwkw. I could even get my sisters eXcel upto 250 fwkw pass on a happy dyno:)

But who ever tells you its safe to run that much power through an engine that was designed to handle less than half of that is a wishful thinking goose.

Its a big build nonetheless.... Expect to part with a minimum of 6k if you good with tools... And hope the box and diff you have a re if good shape.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
How long does it last before it fries the engine though?

Im putting my money on not long.

That genracing one has been on the LS1 forum for a good 18 months - mines been making 360 (soon to be 400) for a good 6 months, another guy I know personally has been pushing out 400 for 12 months - just tore his motor down and it's perfect apart from a valve cover gasket leaking and the occasional cooked spark plug lead

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
I love these magical dyno's in fairy land...i need to get me one of these so i can claim 1000hp.

A genuine 400rwkw out of an internally standard LS1 is just absurd and honestly one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

Its beyond the relms of bullshit...

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I love these magical dyno's in fairy land...i need to get me one of these so i can claim 1000hp.

A genuine 400rwkw out of an internally standard LS1 is just absurd and honestly one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

You can hate all you want, but the results speak for themselves. 600+hp and running in the mid 10 down the quarter.

Obviously how long the motor last will depend on how good the tune is and how its driven.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute

What you classing as internally standard ?
Complete standard ls1 ? Std cam std heads std rockers and valves ?

I've got a Harrop charged ls1 std heads 1.8 rockers and blower cam seeing a pb of 11.3 @ 128 ... I don't really are for Dyno figures but before I did more tuning and put a better flowing exhaust on I was seeing aprox 12.1 @118 and 375rwkw

I agree that dynos are tuning tools and can be conifgured to give a number that makes the customer happy .

That turbo kit would be nice but ide be upgrading some components to make her survive

What fuel system you going to run ?

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

I disagree. Plenty of guys in the states running significantly more power than that in STOCK (minus fuel system and valve springs) LS1's in the states. Enough to be pushing near 150mph in f-bodies. You do the math.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Looking back 20 years ago and the (streetable) cars we had compared to today's is mind blowing..

It scares the crap out of me to even begin to think what kind of car my kid will be able to get his hands on in another 20 years!

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
bahaha probably a volt - that can do 9sec 1/4

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
nate-vy: 118mph doesn\'t equate to 375rwkw in a VY so either you raced uphill or the dyno figure was fudged. The latter sounds accurate if you threw money at the workshop to do your car and tune it.
Internally standard is exactly that. Un-opened, un-touched.

SirNemesis: How can you disagree when you the engine is stock minus valve springs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last time I checked, changing springs to either a high pressure rated beehive or a double is considered an internal modification.

I stand by what I say. An internally standard LS1 has no fkn hope in hell of acheiving 400rwkw. I pity anyone who thinks otherwise because you are DREAMING.

Status
Not open for further replies.