Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
Cool story bro.
Valve springs aren\'t exactly an intense modification and every LS powered car I know of that sees decent revs changes them anyway.

Always a comedian about somewhere.

Any reason why your cammed 6 litre is only make 360rwkw if 400rwkw on a stock LS1 is a walk in the park?

Also it doesn\'t matter if valve springs are or aren\'t an \'intense\' modification. Tell that to all the people who race in classes which have restrictions...LOL...

At the end of the day, your wrong and I\'m right :)

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
nate-vy: 118mph doesn\'t equate to 375rwkw in a VY so either you raced uphill or the dyno figure was fudged. The latter sounds accurate if you threw money at the workshop to do your car and tune it.
Internally standard is exactly that. Un-opened, un-touched.

SirNemesis: How can you disagree when you the engine is stock minus valve springs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last time I checked, changing springs to either a high pressure rated beehive or a double is considered an internal modification.

I stand by what I say. An internally standard LS1 has no fkn hope in hell of acheiving 400rwkw. I pity anyone who thinks otherwise because you are DREAMING.

We and i also assume when most people say internals we mean pistons, rods and crank.

Any reason why your cammed 6 litre is only make 360rwkw if 400rwkw on a stock LS1 is a walk in the park?

Obviously other factors come in to play, for example; how much boost they're running.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo

Also it doesn\'t matter if valve springs are or aren\'t an \'intense\' modification. Tell that to all the people who race in classes which have restrictions...LOL...

At the end of the day, your wrong and I\'m right :)

I'm making 360rwkw because I have a ute, it skids well and if you knew half as much as you make out you'd understand the higher compression of a 6L restricts the boost/power it can make safely.

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
I\'m making 360rwkw because I have a ute, it skids well and if you knew half as much as you make out you\'d understand the higher compression of a 6L restricts the boost/power it can make safely.

cool story bro?

360rwkw to 400rwkw is a significant amount.

So is the cubic displacement from the LS1 to L98. The compression ratio is advertised at 10.1:1 for the LS1 and 10.4:1 for the L98. The cylinder heads, intake manifold and throttle body are far superior on the L98 in standard form.

I have seen a variance of between 10:1 and 10.3:1 with the LS1 and between 10:1 and 10.4:1 L98 all due to manufacturing tolerences in all the LSx\'s I have personally pulled apart and measured. An advertised .3 point of compression in an all alloy powerplant has minimal impact on the safety of boost/power that can be made with a standard engine.

You clearly have limited knowledge and your posts reflect this, so please refrain from posting dribble. I\'m really unsure as to why owning a ute has anything to do with how much power the car makes, that sounds like a typical cop out of an excuse. I can tell you something now, the difference between a 300rwkw car and 400rwkw is #### all when it comes to traction if that is the direction you were heading for.

The only reason I am replying is to dispell any myth, so don\'t feel flattered that I am directly taking time out to reply to your **** because honestly it isn\'t worth it. I am posting for the benefit of every other member who is unsure and does not want to be conned by the false claims made by workshop owners and dyno operators.

All because you have slapped a turbo kit on your car and read a few magazines and forums does not give you the right to hand out false information. In doing so you are going to be responsible for some poor person taking your advice and consequently damaging their engine in the process. You need to stop and think before posting next time, seriously.

Have a nice day.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The hell is up with the \ all the time?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I'm sorry, I can't take anything seriously from someone called the PSI king. I can understand you hold a prejudice against dyno's and workshops but I'm once again sorry, 400kw is doable with a stocker LS1 - I just checked out one doing that for 12 months which is getting a refresh and there's nothing wrong with the internals - not a mark on pistons, NOTHING WRONG.
I still would upgrade valve springs and a few other things before I did it though.

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
nate-vy: 118mph doesn\'t equate to 375rwkw in a VY so either you raced uphill or the dyno figure was fudged. The latter sounds accurate if you threw money at the workshop to do your car and tune it.
Internally standard is exactly that. Un-opened, un-touched.

SirNemesis: How can you disagree when you the engine is stock minus valve springs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last time I checked, changing springs to either a high pressure rated beehive or a double is considered an internal modification.

I stand by what I say. An internally standard LS1 has no fkn hope in hell of acheiving 400rwkw. I pity anyone who thinks otherwise because you are DREAMING.

I know a guy that put a complete stock ls1 into a skyline, bolted on a couple turbos and run with a haltech ecu and made just over 800rwhp in a dyno comp and as far as I'm aware it's still running strong!

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
To PSI_KING,

The proof is in the pudding!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coxy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7L
Ok guys just read this. lol
1: im a qualified mechanic(diesel) so working with turbos a fair bit, ive done research.
2: reason for twin turbos. You have to exhaust manifolds!! having one turbo on one manifold wil #### your engine quick due to back pressure differences youl do head gaskets quick. having 2 smaller turbos 1 on each manifold will be alot better!! al i wanted to know what was the MAX potential for a GEN 3.
You cant tell me wrong guys ive heard all that from the horses mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.